My girlfriend and I traveled to the Royal Oct. 6 - 10th and had ALL expectations exceeded. Staying on the Royal side was indeed the best of both worlds since we are able to use all of the amenities from the much larger, family, Catalonia side and not vice versa.
Food: The 2 restaurants on the Royal Side (Thalassa and Cata Tapa) both were fantastic and upscale. Food quality, service, and presentation were all top notch. The Sea Grille was a great outdoor lunch option by the infinity pool with a beach view for burgers, sandwiches, etc. Room service is 24 hours and comes within 30 minutes. They have a great wood oven pizza station set up by pool on Cat. side that we went to almost daily to grab quick slices during the day. Try the corn pizza.
We mixed it up and tried some of the themed restaurants on the Catalonia side as well as their "privileged buffet" for breakfast and lunch. Hibachi and the Steak House. All were surprisingly good, after reading mixed reviews, definitely recommend the Hibachi experience!
Rooms: Big, clean, and comfortable. Our building (36) seemed to have the newer renovated rooms. Great large bathtub in room, comfortable king size bed, nice separate shower/bathroom, robes & slippers, tons of channels on flat screen tv, great AC and fan, living room, and balcony with hammock. Wifi worked consistently on balcony....although we could care less.
Pools/Beach: The infinity pool near the beach on Royal side was awesome. Cabana beds were always open and staff usually present to bring drinks right to you (as well as on beach side). Larger pool with swim up bar near lobby area was also nice.
The Catalonia had a huge pool with swim up bar and more activities and action. The Royal beach side had smaller beach area and more shallow water. The Catalonia's beach connected to ours and was much larger and less shallow so we used their beach more often than ours. The seaweed was constantly being cleaned and was a non factor. Gorgeous beach!
Night: There is nothing going on at the Royal side for after dinner so we went to the Catalonia side each night to catch some of the nightly shows and check out the entertainment by the lobby bar. The Casino and Disco were both small and minimally filled. Enough going on at Catalonia side for nights after long days of drinking in the sun....
All of the walk ways between and around both resorts were kept in great shape. Bridges over ponds and flowers everywhere etc. You can tell the staff does a great job and pays attention to the maintenance of the grounds. Service was overall solid everywhere we went and we honestly had 0 complaints. If we could change one thing it would be the amount of excursion vendors that walk around the beach area selling you packages. They seem to be affiliated with the hotel and were all very polite, yet annoying at times when you were just trying to relax.
Airport only 15 mins from Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro