My boyfriend and I stayed here 5/21-5/27. Our overall stay was excellent.
The food is great. We preferred the Royal side for all meals but we did have a good hibachi meal on the family side (even though it was so hot inside the restaurant). Our room was clean and we kept the AC on pretty much all the time. It did feel a little muggy in the room with the AC off but given that this place is in a tropical locale this wasn't surprising or annoying. I think some guests should read up more about the places they travel to before going so that they're not surprised by anything, but back to the matter at hand.
We loved breakfast in the main lobby restaurant. The fresh squeezed juices were excellent and they always cooked the omelets perfect.
The beach is gorgeous and we never had too hard a time getting seats. We liked going out early in the morning to see the sunrise and then having breakfast. The ocean is clear, clean and refreshing with a small man made barrier for good snorkeling. The seaweed is cleaned continuously by staff - I was a little nervous when I read reviews about this before going but now that I've been there I realized many people overreact in this regard.
The Infiniti pool with the beach cabanas was my favorite.
The drinks are always made great. Not 5 star Miami excellent but still great. We bought bubba mugs and brought them with us which the staff were always happy to fill.
Our bed was comfortable and the room was decent with a nice sitting area and balcony. I liked laying in the hammock after a shower.
We rented a moped from some guys down the beach and cruised into punta Cana using a map I printed off in the guest lobby. We ended up at soles which has one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever encountered. My best memories are from that day, minimal planning, unforgettable memories.
On the last night my boyfriend took me off the resort for dinner at Noah. We were treated excellent and the food was amazingly good. They provide one way transportation to their restaurant for free and you have to find your own way back. We paid for a $12 cab home. Such a beautiful time there.
I would return and would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro