My new wife and I booked this resort for our honeymoon a a great time! We booked the honeymoon package for the adults only and it was absolutely amazing! We went through an online travel agent so once we arrived at the resort we were promptly greeted at the door, then at check-in. After getting a quick explanation of the resort grounds we were given a map and our room information, and a quick drink welcoming us to the resort. We were shuttled to our room and our bags were taken to the room. It was amazing! There are 2 parts of the resort, an adult side which has NO CHILDREN :) - and a family side that is far enough away that you will NEVER hear another resort.
-Explore both sides of the resort (adults only & family)- there are great activities that are not mentioned on the adult side; i.e. volleyball tournaments, shows, dance nights, great food, etc
-If you like hanging by the pool or the beach all day (my wife does) stay on the adult side
-There is a note on the restaurant "Mikado" about needing a reservation -that is false. Show up and enjoy their food! Hibachi and Sushi!
-DO NOT EVEN BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH THE WATER!!!! - My wife and I both spent some R&R time in the room.
-If you do not physically see the water come from a bottle, do not drink it!
-Tipping is fairly common on the resort - NOT MANDATORY, the employees do work hard and a dollar here and there was enough
-The staff there are amazing, they sing and dance and enjoy their jobs. If you ever have a problem, it wont be a problem because they will fix it.
We met one great employee named Andy and spent a few hours talking and he made our drinks - all through the week we saw him always smiling as he did different tasks. He always noticed us and we would just stop and say, "Hey" and he would just smile and was shocked we remembered him. He always made sure we were taken care of, even if it was just to make sure we had dinner!
-The drinks were great, they have a wide variety for mixed drinks; although you can order shots of whatever hard liquor you want. The only beer on the resort is "Presidente" so be aware of that.
-The food at night was pretty good and we enjoyed the Sea Blue restaurant for lunch. We tried to avoid the "Buffet-Style" because we wanted to sit down and eat. All the sit down places were great.
My only negative - the bed is pretty hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro