Me and my boyfriend aged 20, stayed here for 2 weeks booked with Thomson.
As soon as we arrived are luggage was taken and we were given cocktails on arrival. The staff were very friendly, we got escorted to our hotel room, we stayed in villa 40, near the spa, ground floor. As soon as we opened the hotel room door we was very pleased, lovely bath tub ans bed, bathroom and nice sittin area. If our balcony got the sun earlier in the day it would have been even better.
Shortly our cases arrived by one of the staff which saves you lugging it to your room in 30 degree heat!
We ate at all the restaurants, our faveourite was the sea blue near the beach. The lobster was lush. Mexican was nice however nothing special. Steak house was good you get a nice big steak, rib eye we would reccommed having! Italian was also very nice, service was efficient. The food in the japaneese was not amazing, however the experience of watching the chef cook in front of you was good.
Tapas was our second faveourite place to eat however we found the staff here quite slow and sometimes drinks orders were forgotton. Thallasa always provided a good meal and the service was exceptional. We loved that you didnt have to reserve a table, and it wasnt repetitive like other hotels you can experience.
The infinity pool is where we mostly spent our time, the pool is more quite, beds are nice. Right next to the beach and the bar does amazing cocktails. Sinencio german who works there was always a right laugh! The beach was nice and people have complained about sea weed but we found the hotel maintained it very well, always clearing up. And compared to the beach down a few hotels it was alot better.
The only thing that we was not pleased about was the maids. They never cleaned our bath or sink. Bed sheets werent changed for two weeks. Floor was hardly cleaned and fridge wasnt filled for 3 days! So this needs to be improved.
We had a couple of problems in our room one being the toilet chain, we told reception and the maintenance men cane straight away and fixed it so no issues there.
A great hotel to stay at if you want relaxation! Overall we were overwhelmed with the place there are really no faults about the facilities they provide and how beautiful it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro