I went back to my beloved Catalonia Resort in Punta Cana and for the first time, stayed on the adults only side - The Catalonia Royal. This is not the fanciest of hotels, nor is it the newest one. Here are the reasons I loved it.
It is only 10 - 15 minutes from the airport. After a 4 1/2 hour trip from Toronto, this is a huge plus in my books.
Unlike 1223Love the Sun, I thought the food was great. I have stayed in dozens of all inclusive hotels and the food here was really good.
The beach here is really beautiful, and again, unlike 1223LoveTheSun, we were served drinks on the beach and at the pool.
I found the staff to be very friendly and happy. We were treated royally.
The Tapas restaurant was very good as was the other one by the beach. Great selection of a la carte dishes. They make an amazing 5 chocolate dessert with a chocolate brownie and chocolate ice cream. Yum.
It is very quiet, which is what I am looking for. I would not recommend this side of the resort to anyone who likes to party. But you can go over to the Catalonia side where they have all the usual all inclusive activities and "parties".
On the Dominican day, there was a wonderful barbeque up by the lobby where they did a roast suckling pig on a spit as well as lots of Dominican foods and burgers and dogs. It was really nice.
I will agree with 1223LoveTheSun that this hotel could stand a face lift. But I think, compared with other adults only hotels, the price is more reasonable here.
Everything is clean and the grounds are lovely.
There is room for big improvement with the wifi. It was sporadic or non existant. But better than some hotels where you had to go to the lobby to experience the same poor service.
It was wonderful to see my friend Brennie, at the front desk again. After 5 years he recognized me immediately and we had a great time catching up. Say hi to him for me if you go here.
Feel free to contact me if you would like any further information.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Prestigia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro