Arrival to Punta Cana Airport very stressful line-up to pay your $10 each, get back into line, new people arriving all of the time absolutely chaotic. Arrival at hotel good, room 4245 3rd floor escorted to room by concierge small tour excellent, cases arrived immediately our room exactly like pictures in brochure beautiful. Air-conditioning very loud most nights but put this down to being on the 3rd floor. First night Cata Tapa Restaurant food good however a little confusing for the first night. Went to two beach parties BBQ, music and dancing both nights great fun. Sea Blue Restaurant lunchtime food very plain, evening food lobster & steak fantastic met an american couple there for only 4 nights they had 8 lobsters between them in one sitting nothing was too much trouble. Piano Bar (Mr Banker) was fantastic never had to wait too long, service always excellent and the best Irish coffee ever. Thalassa Restaurant breakfast good great choice - unless you love garlic do not eat the sausages (a bit too much in the morning), lunch lovely most days, dinner most enjoyable. Pool is really nice however the steps are very high and very difficult to get in/out and a bit tired. You had to get up early to get a sunbed people putting their towels on at 7:30 am and not getting to the pool until 3:30 pm this certainly needs to be addressed by the management. Pool Bar excellent service at all times. Towel girl certainly an experience had to fight for clean towel everyday defiantly not happy in her work. Tried room service and could not fault, rooms were kept clean and tidy at all times by housekeeping. Little niggle housekeeping knocked at same time every evening just as you were having a sleep. Service good at all restaurants with the exception of the Mexican. Lots of seaweed in the sea and on the beach. Weather was beautiful everyday could not have asked for more.
Nothing to do with the hotel but BEWARE TRIPS VERY VERY EXPENSIVE, H&S NOT A PRIORITY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro