I am sure that if your read this review it will be more than helpful. First let me say that we stayed at this resort from January 26 to February 9.
The Royal side is a fairly small resort that for us had many advantages. The fact of having no children was a nice break especially during the evening suppers. It is not long before the staff recognize you and even your name if you take a few minutes to talk to them. I am a French Canadian and even tough the staff speak very little French mostly all of them do speak some English. At no time was being understood and issue.
The staff are great, friendly and eager to satisfy your needs.
The food is very good. No buffet except in the morning at the thalassa were you order your eggs or omelet at your table. Nice variety of choices even egg whites omelet, that's a first for the Caribbean. Lunch and dinner is also good to very good at that restaurant.
There is also the sea blue restaurant by the beach with more of a delicatessen style menu ,for lunch and everything there is very good. Even if it is not advertised, they also serve supper there and you can have grilled lobster for no extra charge. They also serve surf and turf that was very good. Eveything is cooked on a outside grill with wood charcoal, and you can see them actually cook your food.
The cata tapa restaurant is a must, go eat there at least 2 or 3 times in your week. And try the pork ribs,they were excellent.
The pool near lobby is louder , than the one near the beach. I found it great not to have animation or animation team. For those who miss it , go on the other side. There are also 5 other restaurants on the family side, that you can go. We tried only one of them, it was good but never tried the others.
The beach is different with lots of palm trees. It is easier finding shade than to be in full sun, I found it great and spent most of my time in full sun at the beach.
If you read about the sea weeds well yes it is true. There is sometimes quite a lot. A full crew works day around picking it up. It did not bother me or my partner at all. Drinks were also great with all the major international brands.
In conclusion even if everything is perfect I usually do not consider going back to the same place. Lots of places to discover, however I will be making an exception and will be going back to the Catalonia Royal Bavaro resort. Hope this is helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro