Airport processing great. Transfer service 15 minutes. Check in fast and efficient. Rooms were very nice and roomy, a tad outdated and very poor lighting. We had trouble finding our stuff it was so dim. The room was quiet and clean, however, we did notice inconsistency in times of cleaning, and turn down service was hit and miss. The bed was a bit uncomfortable but we slept well. The grounds were kept very clean. The beach was gorgeous! We love to walk and the beach was nice and hard and you could walk forever. The dudes selling stuff ruin it for themselves..we would have had a look but they were too pushy so we just ignored them. The juice bar on the beach was excellent...could have used a few more smiles from the juicing staff but I don't think I would smile very much if i had to juice all day. My wife and I have stayed at many Catalonia Hotels and I must say the real bummer with the beach is the lack of washroom facilities at the beach. You should never wait in line to go to the washroom at a five star hotel. Lots of loungers, warm clear water, sun and ample shade. One thing we love about the Catalonia Hotels we have been to is that they leave you alone. We don't go a vacation to be bugged constantly and this hotel chain knows how to be pleasant and helpful without getting on your nerves. I agree with others regarding the food. We went to the buffet and steakhouse on the Bavaro side and quickly realized we were choosing to eat 4 star food at a 5 star resort duh!. We spent the rest of our time eating on the Royal side and we did not regret it. The food was very good quality and the restaurants were all very good. Really enjoyed the lobster at the beach grill and the Tapas. We have a pool at home so didn't care about the pools, however, we put our feet in and no wonder nobody was in the pools the water was very cold. In contrast the hot tub was 104 freakin' degrees. What's that? Would have loved to have a hot tub before going in after the day at the beach but we would have looked like one of the lobsters at the grill. Still love Catalonia resorts and all in all had a fabulous time just some fine tuning. Maybe I should have waited a few days to review because our flight was delayed 1.5 hours and the Punta Cana airport was like visiting the dentist. This airport is just brutal when leaving..totally unorganized and packed with people trying to get home. I almost thought about getting a kayak and paddling home. This experience makes me a bit grumpy. Just talked to my brother-in-law and he said they would never go back to the D.R. because of the airport. I don't know about us but will have to consider it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro