Me and my partner just got back from Catalonia Royal adults only. All I can say is that this is a beautiful resort. First of all the staff are one of the most attentive, well mannered, humble, and diligent of all staff we ever experienced at any of our travels in other resorts to date. special thanks to :miladis at the piano bar, anna at the thalassa, francisco A. and castaras* at the ocean restaurant, and quite frankly EVERYONE in the resort. Catalonia Royal is a very small resort, but what they lack in size they made up for service and quality. Me and my partner are used to larger resorts so it was kinda a bummer that after the first day, you really were able to view the entire grounds of the resort including the adjacent sister resort. The restaurants at the ROYAL side was a HIT every time we ordered something, and let me not forget GRILLED LOBSTER NIGHTLY SERVED hot and fresh off the grill/ beachside. the rooms were clean, spacious, and modern.
a couple of cons though:
the resort is very small. for those who like to explore the resort it is rather tiny and all the exploration is done after the first day. It is very quiet during the day but gets lively towards the night
the beach at different times of the day is abundant with washed up sea grass. there are workers who clean the beach, but it was just a lot. the main pool was outdated and the swim up bar needed to be moderned up a bit to match the modern design of the infinity pool.
its a damn shame that this resort is connected to the other one. we took one visit to the japanese restaurant and i have to say that that was the WORST food ever. i got scared when they took us to the dessert room, frankly we chose to leave before we were seated. the quality and service compared to the ROYAL and the "regular side" is literally night and day. we spent most of our time at the ROYAL side and didnt feel the urge to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro