Just returned from the Catalonia Royal, this was our first time at that resort and we had an exclusive suite with pool, number 3404. The suite was amazing, we were right next to the infinity pool and across the way from the tapas and sea blue restaurants. We were there from Jan 26 to Feb 2nd and we enjoyed every minute of it.
Thalassa, we had lunch on our first day and had breakfast every morning, the food was excellent and the service was very good, we usually had the same waiter, Stalin.
Sea Blue, for us this was our restaurant, we had lunch every day and went for supper 3 of our 7 days, the food was amazing, best lobster we've in had in the Dominican, the service and the staff were amazing, Francisco, Jose Pierre, Joel, Angelica and Blanca.
Cata Tapa, like the name says it is tapas style, it was very good, my wife had the ribs and the meat was falling off the bones and once again at the restaurant the service and the staff were amazing, thanks Cecilia.
We went to the sister resort and ate at the Mikado, the steak house and at the buffet, we enjoyed Mikado a lot, it is a teppenyaki style Japanese restaurant, the food was very good and the chef did a good show but the steak house and buffet were hit and miss. At the steak house a friend ordered bbq ribs and there was basically no meat just fat so he had to order something else from the menu to get a decent supper.
There are four bars, the piano bar at the lobby, the pool bar, the one at the Sea Blue and the beach bar. They were all very very good, my wife fell in love with the Sabor Del Caribe and the larrimar cocktails, the service from the bartenders was very good and the drinks were awesome!
Suite 3404 is one of about 16 suites with exclusive pools, if you can it is definitively worth the money, it is a two storey villa, the bottom part has a living room with a sofa and 2 wicker chairs, large 42 inch lcd TV with DVD player, the fridge was filled up every day with beer, water and soft drinks, the washroom has a Jacuzzi and a huge shower area, the second floor has a king size poster bed, a sitting area, another lcd TV with a small washroom. Our cleaning lady, Raquel, was just amazing; she would leave flowers all around the room and make beautiful arrangements with the towels every day.
For us, if there one small negative point and this has absolutely nothing to do with the resort would be the area of the beach where the resort is located; it is not as beautiful as other areas in Punta Cana. It has lots of seaweed; the water is not as clear as other areas but the hotel staff work very hard to keep the beach clean.
This was a wonderful vacation, we should have gone for 2 weeks, would we go back to the Catalonia Royal? Most definitively, the resort, the staff and everything was amazing and we can't wait for our next trip there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Prestigia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro