My husband and I went to the Royal Bavaro for a holiday between the 19th November and 3rd December and enjoyed a very restful holiday. We specifically chose the resort because we wanted a quiet peaceful child free environment and we were not disappointed. At all times it was quiet and civilised. We stayed in 4252, on the third floor.
As so many reviewers testify, the staff are absolutely wonderful. We can not commend them highly enough. They are cheerful, helpful, polite and obliging at all times. We would like to make special mention of the lovely lady who cleaned our room so conscientiously every day, and the lovely waitress in the Piano Bar who actually came and said goodbye to us. However all waiting staff and maintenance workers were just superb.
The grounds are beautifully maintained and the men on the beach work tirelessly to keep the beach clear of seaweed and tidy up the beach which is lovely, and well equipped with sunbeds. I especially loved the sweet resident dogs! The bathing towels are soft and plentiful and just make for an easy holiday.
The drinks were superb. The wines served in the Thalasso Restaurant were good quality and the staff generously topped up our glasses. The drinks including cocktails in the Piano Bar were good and the waitresses ensured that you were served promptly. We especially enjoyed the smoothie juices from the Ma Loo bar and again the lady there was particularly sweet and obliging.
Sadly perhaps in some respects, the food was our biggest disappointment. However the breakfasts at the Thalassa restaurant were lovely with a wide choice of food. The lunches at the Sea Blue snack bar were delicious. All the ingredients were fresh and wholesome and the choice was wide. We noticed that the menu was different the second week. Sadly we felt that the choice of dishes available at the Thalassa restaurant were somewhat limited if you were staying more than one week. Occasionally we felt that inferior ingredients were used. For instance on one occasion a delicious dish of chicken in a gorgeous sauce was spoilt as chicken wings were used. We did visit the Buffet on the other side. We were very impressed with the choice of food but the atmosphere in the eating area was rather manic, and the excellent staff were very hard pressed to cover the needs of the numbers of diners. We went to the Tapa restaurant on two occasions. On the first occasion the food and service were excellent but on the second visit we found the service surprisingly poor for Royal Bavaro. We were left waiting a long time, we did not feel that we were given very much attention and at no time were we offered any more wine.
We would recommend that people take insect repellent with them as we were bitten by mosquitoes during the first week. Like several people we also both caught stomach bugs and we would recommend that people take medicinal preparations with them.
Overall we would recommend Hotel Catalonia Royal Bavaro to anyone who wishes to have a quiet peaceful holiday. Personally we would have preferred a slightly larger resort where we could have had longer walks or cycle rides but for a relaxing peaceful holiday, this resort is ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro