I am writing about OUR experience at CRB the week of November 7-14.
This was our second visit to a Catalonia resort. We stayed at Catalonia Playa Maroma in Mexico. We feel that CRB really fell short in many areas compared to CPM.
~Lounge chairs on the beach and around the pools
There is seaweed/seagrass but the staff work really hard all day long to keep it as clean as possible.
~Water pressure/temp in the shower
~Two staff members stand out. Charlier a waiter in Thalassa and Carlos the bar tender at the swim up pool.
~Shade on the beach
~Check-In: Manuel was checking us in when another couple walked in. He stopped helping us and asked them if they were checking in. Instead of finishing with us first
~Service: The service was lacking in all of the restaurants.
~Room: We were in villa 42 room number 4242. Horrible mattress, pillowcases are at least 6 inches too small for the pillow, lumpy smelly pillows, holes in the bedsheets, sink leaked and the faucet in the shower was loose. I brought all these issues to the attention of the front desk staff several times. The only thing that was 'fixed' was the mattress issue. I was told they would put a foam topper on the bed. Their idea of a mattress topper is a blanket. We had a dehumidifier in the room to help with the musty smell.
~Housekeeping: The maid exchanged our towels and made the bed daily and thats it. She never cleaned the bathroom or tub.....EVER. I was using clorox wipes to clean the bathroom/tub. The shower area was gross and dirty looking. We had to wear flipflops in the shower. We had a collection of dirty glasses in the room.....all week.
~Restaurants: Thalassa: This is were we ate most of our meals. One night they ran out of soup and salad.
Mexican: Once seated the waiter came over and took our order. After waiting 40 minutes for our drinks and food (which we never got) we walked out.
Italian: I ordered a Pepsi. I asked 4 different people for my drink. The waiter finally brought it over after I was done with my meal. I found this happened in most of the restaurants.
~Dress code was never enforced for men. Shorts and open toed shoes in ala carte restaurants. When I asked about it they told me because of the weather (rain) men can wear anything they want.
Food is very subjective. For the most part we found the food to be bland. Always had to add salt and pepper to everything.
I brought all of these issues to the attention of the front desk several times. I asked to speak to a manager. The girl at the front desk said she is the supervisor and that I had to speak to her.
I would like to thank the concierge (I don't remember her name) for giving us a late check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro