My husband and I stayed at the Cat Royal from Oct 3-7th and it was amazing, This was our first trip to the DR and our first time staying at an all inclusive resort. Upon arrival we were greeted with a cool towel and a beverage. Check in was a breeze, we were in room 3811 in a Junior suite and we found it to be plently of room for the two of us. We also found the food to be great. Tons of options including room service so you will not go hungry. I recommend trying the california roll at Sea Blue (I ate it about 3 times) it was delish! I think there was only one appitizer my husband didn't care for but other than that food and service was excellent. Our favorite night was the beach BBQ. Had a great time dancing and singing with other guests and the staff. The staff worked really hard at keeping the beach clean (we visited another resort during an excursion and the beach was no where near as clean as the Cat's) It is a little shady but we never had a problem finding two chairs at the beach or pool. Our favorite pool was the one with a bar, plently of seating around the bar and in the shallow ends of the pool. It was also a bit more lively than the infinity pool. We did walk over to the Bavaro side a couple of times and we were glad we picked to Royal side. Bavaro was very crowded and busy, went into the casino for about 5 mins and weren't too impressed. We prefered to hang around the Royal lobby piano bar for a nap cap. Service was outstanding, the staff did a great job making sure all of our needs were met no matter how trivial. Ex: Both bartenders at sea blue and the lobby bar made sure we were able to watch American Football any time we were hanging out there. The only issue we had was with hot water/water pressure. Not sure if this is a problem in the DR or just at the resort. Most days we had to turn the knob all the way to hot and maybe got a trickle or slow stream of luke warm water. Attempted to fill up the soaking tub a couple of times but it was kind of a lost cause. This didn't really bother us to much, just a minor annoyance and would definately not keep us from returning. We are already planning a return trip and if you are looking for a quiet relaxing vacation I would recommend staying here. My husband and I are in our mid twenties and found it to suit all of our needs for a low key kid free vacay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro