Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$403
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$162
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$125
Barcelo.com
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
$128
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$382
$230
Melia.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$218
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$283
$188
$465
$311
Bookit.com
All reviewsla yolavilla managerbamboo restaurantthrough customsgolf cartsix sensesvip serviceecological reservebedroom villafresh water lagoonspunta espadainternational airportocean frontfour seasonsvip loungeprivate beachbaggage claim
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently went to Punta Canta on a big family trip. We started our vacation staying here. The condo was beautiful and situated idealistically right on the beach. Well kept. Very friendly staff. The actual grounds of the resort could use some major work. The first day we were a bit un-nerved by the groundskeepers holding machetes and a run down, vacant looking area of the resort. But the all inclusive breakfast, convenient golf karts, and beautiful restaurants make up for it. The beach is beautiful, however, it is definitely made for couples or more low key groups. If you are looking for lots of music, drinking on the beach, and water sports, good waves, that scene isn't here. However, you can go through this jungle on the resort and swim in beautiful natural spring water ponds, you can rent fishing poles, there is a beautiful golf course, you could go on sunset sails, etc...

To wrap it all up and conclude my review, I would say if you want a calm, quiet beach, and just enjoy the company of the people around you-these villas are beautiful.

2  Thank Rhiannon W
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Rhiannon,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience .

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is the third year in a row that my wife and I have stayed at Tortuga Bay. They literally whisk you through the aiprort when you land. Upon arrival they give you a golf cart and a cell phone dialed directly to your Villa Manager. It is a small, quaint resort with all of the rooms within 50 yards of the ocean. You can get anywhere on the property in mere minutes. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The food at Bamboo restaurant is wonderful. From the Wagyu steaks, duck, risotto and especially the whole Snapper caught locally. Two beautiful and challenging golf courses are tied to the resort. Corales Golf Course is a close second to Pebble Beach with its finishing holes. At the attached La Cana Beach and Golf Club they have a great outdoor restaurant with spectacular views. The spa is top notch with their Signature Massage rounding out the perfect stay. The staff is friendly with minimal turnover. Everyone remembers our names from prior visits. Hats off to Vincenzo Calcerano and his staff. They are friendly and welcoming. We can't wait to go back!!

3  Thank Mark M
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Mark,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Tortuga Bay Punta Cana is a refined, intimate, exclusive, luxury hotel, with a wide beach (a rare thing in Costa del Coco). This is not an all-inclusive resort as the Punta Cana’s tourists are used to. The hotel is a mix of tropical luxury and Dominican hospitality ideal for bon viveurs, for golf lovers, as well as for honeymooners. To stay in one of 15 villas designed by the famous Oscar de la Renta is a dream come true. I really enjoyed the elegant rooms, decorated in a colonial style in soft colors of white, beige, yellow, green and salmon, all in perfect harmony with the green tropical vegetation. It’s a great feeling to be able to drink your perfect Dominican coffee on your terrace and admire the lovely view of the ocean and the private white beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eturia
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Eturia,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am a business traveler so I have fairly high expectations when I travel. I read Trip Advisor reviews but have never felt compelled to write a review until staying at Tortuga Bay(TB). Leading up to this vacation, I cant tell you how excited I was based on the reviews. Here a few of the highlights; airport service...its all real...while the masses are shuttled through like cattle, we were picked up on the tarmac in a golf cart...10 minutes later we had our luggage and were in a van on the way to TB, another 10 minutes later we were in the lobby...unreal. The Villa Manager service was awesome; Belkie provided the kind of service I have only seen on Life Styles of the Rich and Famous. Loved having our own golf cart to get around. Our room was spacious, comfortable and cleaned meticulously (and straightened up again with the turn-down service). Corales Golf Club was Grade A;. After logging 43 of the top 100 golf course in the US I found the newest member of my top 5 in Corales Golf Club. Great service, caddy program was amazing, food was amazing, and the views and condition...I thought I was in a tropic Cypress Point. Wifi, everywhere....even on the beach...cigars, plenty and fresh. Juan, Miguel and Manuel and the team at Bamboo (continental breakfast) were amazing, great way to start and end the day One morning I asked for coconut water....2 minutes later someone climbed a tree and got me fresh cocnut watert...no joke. These guys could not have been more friendly, I can honestly tell you that I will miss their company. I had the pleasure to meet the Manager of the facility, Mr. Vincent Calcerano. Truly a gentleman who is running an amazing program and I cant speak highly enough about the new meaning of service that I learned on this trip. Top of the line service while some how not feeling pushy. My wife enjoyed two trips to the spa, again good service, impeccably clean and friendly. I hadn't been on a dive in a good few years, Marc and his team at the dive shop made me so comfortable that I did two amazing dives. I have been on dives in the past where they are just trying to make a few bucks. instead we worked on getting comfortable and had a once in a life time experience...Thank you Marc and team for getting my sea lungs back. The ecological park was enjoyable as well. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic, relaxing retreat with first class service, golf and spa then TB is the place for you

Room Tip: Get a room with the outdoor tub, great way to end a day!
6  Thank sandmanfromphilly
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Sandaman,

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Tortuga Bays staff were phenomenal. The spa services were excellent. The beach service excellent and the staff at the restaurant closest to the villas we stayed in the best. Highlight: coming home after dinner in town to a candlelit bubble bath left as a thank you for our stay.
Low note: service and food was a far lower quality at the restaurant at the spa and golf course pro shop. Bad service actually two times and food just so so. Restaurant at villas excellent. We had two private BBQs at the villa itself that were very good also.
SPECIAL NOTE: AIRPORT VIP CHECK IN A MUST If you don't get the VIP checkin service your entire vacation might be ruined by that experience alone - three people on my return flight said they would not come back to DR due to the multi hour 2-3 hr process w thousands of people on a Saturday crushing service capability as status quo. Tortuga bay will meet you on Tarmac and take you past the thousand people in 10-15 minutes same w outbound.

AAA diamond rating was deserved

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank chazzarama
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Chazzarama,