Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
$395
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$352
$316
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
Bookit.com
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$108
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$247
$369
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$293
$188
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$531
$305
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$1,891
Melia.com
All reviewsla yolavilla managerbamboo restaurantthrough customsgolf cartsix sensesvip serviceecological reservebedroom villafresh water lagoonspunta espadainternational airportocean frontfour seasonsvip loungeprivate beachbaggage claim
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a 6-day visit to Tortuga Bay with husband and 13-year-old daughter. The hotel is great for couples and families who want to relax, have some privacy, and don't need a lot of planned activities.

We spent time at the beach, the pools and the lagoons in the eco park. The pool nearest to the Tortuga Bay villas is tiny. There is a larger pool at the Golf Center and an even larger one that you can use at the Punta Cana hotel.

Because there are only 30 rooms to the resort, the beach feels like its your very own.

The service was terrific. Our villa managers were extremely helpful and the waiters in all the restaurants we tried were friendly, accommodating and professional.

My teenager loved driving the golf cart everywhere and we also had bikes that we used to tour around.

We tried three restaurants - Bamboo, La Yola, and Coccoloba. Bamboo was very good but also very pricey. At LaYola, we had a few Dominican dishes, including a Shrimp Gumbo that was very tasty. We did go off-resort one night to a french bistro in the nearby mall but that meal wasn't very good. Figuring out what all the different dining options was is a bit of a mystery and a little more descriptive information could be provided to help guests make their choices.

We tried the pool at the Puntacana hotel but the music was thumpingly loud and it felt a little shabby so we made that a quick pit stop. This is the only disconnect in the whole Tortuga Bay experience -- when you use the facilities of the adjacent hotel. You can see from the reviews of the Puntacana hotel here on TripAdvisor, that even for its lower price point, it's got some issues. I was glad to have read them in advance.

The whole arrival/departure VIP experience sure does add to what is a terrific overall experience.

1  Thank travelinggal26
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs.Gal,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience .

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our villa manager's were Laura and Giovanni, they were wonderful. My husband and I traveled with our 5 year old and they made us feel right at home. Everyone we encountered at the resort was happy to honor any request we made. The resort is so relaxing and quite, this is not a place for people that want excitement. The only negative I have is the bed was very hard, we called Laura and they brought a overlay. We will be returning in the future, this was one of the most relaxing places we have traveled to. Thank you so much for the stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in 614, upstairs. The view is unbeatable.
2  Thank cowboybob3
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Bob,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay on Tripadvisor It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a "a one - of a kind Leading Experience''.

Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went to Tortuga Bay with our 20 month old son for a quick getaway and weren't sure what to expect. We read many reviews prior to going and have been to some of the best resorts in the Caribbean, so we have a high bar set for resorts. We were NOT disappointed.

I can say that the rooms are clean, large, decorated nicely and comfortable. We had a 2 Bedroom Beachfront Suite which was perfect. It allowed us to hang out on the patio or the lawn while our son played in the grass. Then when he was ready to go to the beach, just a quick walk about 50 feet and we were in the sand!

The staff was unbelievable. The VIP service at the aiport was great, they got us ahead of a line of 300 people and had us in our villa in under 25 minutes. The maids, waiters, villa managers all had our comfort and happiness as their #1 concern. They all paid attention to our son, made him smile, said hello, etc...

The only thing that we felt could use some upgrading was the food. We were happy with the restaurant Bamboo, but the restaurants on the Puntacana Hotel property were not the best.

We enjoyed the golf carts, bicycles, and the beach.

Thanks for a great vacation for our family!

Room Tip: Beachfront suites definitely
1  Thank GabrielHaim
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Gabriel ,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

For 3 years in a row I have been rating Tortuga Bay. The hotel is better every day, due to the careful eye for perfection of its owners and its service that is better and better without loosing what has made the Dominican Republic been known as the main destination in the Caribbean: The cheerfulness and spontaneity of its people.
To start, the hotel is a boutique of only 30 rooms (each of them with its private golf cart) set in villas of 3 and 4 rooms, all of them beach front(first and second row). The rooms are top notch with all the amenities you can imagine and more, a canopy bed and a mattress and pillows that you feel you are in heaven, some of them with private jacuzzi outside of the room where you can see one of the most beautiful sky on Earth.
The beach is a gorgeous white sand beach in a quiet caribbean sea due to the coral reef.
The surroundings are immaculate gardens. The golf courses have improved as I heard golf players giving it great accolades this weekend.
The restaurant is set in a simple casually elegant atmosphere and is getting better year after year.
I found my wife and I love nest becoming more lovely every year, good reason to come back year after year.
Congrats to Tortuga Bay and its people that makes the every day "experience" a lovely one.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank enriquedemarchena
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. De Marchena,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a long overdue review. We were there last summer for the second year in a row, and i can not emphasize enough how wonderful this place is for a family vacation. The quiet, beautiful setting, the nicely appointed villas, the fact that your yard is one of the most beautiful beaches in all the caribbean and a wpnderful garden....the food has improved since the last time, it just needs more variety in the adjacent restaurants because the one at the clubhouse is not up to the level of Tortuga, so you have to take a ride to the small town nearby to get more variety...but apart from that, the experience and the place shines. I forgot to mention how attentive and good spirited the people of the hotel is.....i could return to this place every year

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank barranqtraveler
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Barranq