“An amazing, one of a kind experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“An amazing, one of a kind experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Tortuga Bay after a 12 day stay. We can't say enough amazing things about this hotel. From the accommodations to the staff---everything is top notch.

From start (VIP Process at the airport) to end (complimentary meal from the GM and great service from the staff), our stay was more than we ever expected.

The staff (Yinadel, Adriana, Francisco, Cesar, both Victors, Antonio, William, Luis, Roselin, Daniel, and so on) became our "Dominican Family". We can't say enough great things about their service and how they really made our experience one of a kind.

If you are looking for a resort that offers pure relaxation, first class service and an all around great experience, Tortuga Bay is the perfect choice.

There is no doubt my husband and I will be back next year, but for a longer stay!

Room Tip: The villas are amazing and I can't imagine there is a bad room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank rlp0106
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Mr. / Mrs Vitrano,

On behalf of the Tortuga bay family.

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments about your recent stay at our Tortuga Bay Hotel. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again to our Tortuga Bay hotel, and give you a “Leading” Experience.

General l Manager
Tortuga Bay Puntacana resort & Club
vcalcerano@puntacana.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

My wife and I returned to TBH for our sixth time in the past three years. As a former Peace Corps vol. here, I love the country and its people as this hotel is the best place to stay in the entire DR. The staff and the level of service they genuinely provide are what makes this place great.
A substantial number of guests are returnees (my wife and I wonder if we are joining a "TBH cult" or just appreciate a great place to relax, read a book and play super golf).
Few tips: The restaurant Aqua del Mar is in the next door resort Cap Cana and was offering free car service. It is worth the trip just to walk around the giant marina belonging to this not yet completed mega resort city.
You can play the number one course in the Carribeian at Cap Cana from 2pm on for $200. It is Nicklaus's Punta Espada and only Corales at the TBH resort rivals it.
At the PC Village owned by the hotel complex, you can get anything you may have forgotten plus they have a small supermarket should you want to pick up wine, cheese, crackers etc
The staff has always been what makes this place special, especially those from the Cibao.
Enjoy your trip! You may come back again!
DD

Room Tip: get the second floor ocean front room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank ddoran
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Doran ,

On behalf of team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to complete our guest comment form on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “Leading” Experience.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Truly one of the best experiences we've ever had at a Caribbean resort! Every staff member and every detail at Tortuga Bay was near perfect. The experience starts with the VIP airport service, which is unbelievable. The property location and facilities are stunning and the design is bright and internationally influenced. I can't stress enough the skill and professional attention of the house managers. They are the kindest people we encountered, in a country that is already remarkable for its exceptionally kind people.
The restaurant food is fantastic and the resort is set within the larger Punta Cana resort which has many more options for dining, exploring, etc. Please, just go to this place if you're considering the Dominican Republic. It is certainly the best! Perfect for families or couples.

Room Tip: There's not a bad room in the resort. Plan your dinner reservations in advance. The restaurant...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank SearchingUsa
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
9th January 2012

Dear Sir,

new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This was our second trip to Tortuga Bay having gone a year ago October just the two of us (my wife and I) The rooms and service were so wonderful that we decided to try to pull off this year bringing our entire family down...our three grown children, two daughters in law, and two grandchildren. We all arrived on different days eventually taking over one of the four bedroom villas and all went entirely smoothly and I was happy that I did not have to check on anything to make sure it was being done. From getting all day babysitters, getting the two cribs where we wanted, arranging dinners and pickups, golf, etc. Not a single negative....Though we had trouble with the hot water the first trip and we did have one night without hot water, a problem for baths.
But everyone says hello and gets to know you and the service of course is great. We visited the ecological park a couple of times and went into "town" twice to eat. There are no epicurean delights but that is not what we were there for. We were there for the full week before Thanksgiving. The corales golf course we had prearranged a certain number of rounds before we went down and they include lunch.
In any case we have wonderful memories and great pictures and our comparison base is pretty well rounded so this is the real deal.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank bjjja97
9th January 2012

Dear Sir,

Tel (8090 959-8229 ext 7220
Cel.(829) 797-1121
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Tortuga Bay is a beautiful property ,with very nice ocean front villas. the service was for the most part excellent. a few housekeeping problems, a bottle of expensive wine was put in freezer by housekeeper, and the battery needed to be changed in the smoke detector in the middle of the night,ruining a nights sleep. The latter is pretty inexcusable at a 5 star property and there was no apology. Otherwise service was friendly and excellent. Corales is an excellent golf course and the course nearby at Punta Espada is the best resort course I have played. We had the only villa without and ocean view,it was still beautiful. The spa was great. The wishing service in the airport was a treat. We were with 4 teenagers. It is very quiet and not really that close to the other resorts in Punta Cana. It was a little isolated for them. I would highly recommend Tortuga Bay for families with small children, a relaxing romantic trip, or a men's winter golf outing

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
12 Thank jed k
Puntacana Resor... a, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 3, 2016
Dear Mr./Mrs. jckmd,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the Tortuga Bay. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

My best wishes,

Tel. (809) 959-8229 Ext. 7220
Cel. (829) 797-1121

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was our 3rd time to Tortuga Bay and enjoyed it just as much as the 1st time!! We went to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and had a great time. It is without a doubt, our favorite vacation spot!! The staff is great, the beaches are beautiful and by far the best hotel in Punta Cana.

Our Villa Managers were always helpful and prompt, and the front desk really went out of their way to help us, especially Ramon.

I relaxed at the Spa and at the Spa pool deck almost daily as my husband kitesurfed at Playa Blanca. The Spa treatments were as amazing as I remembered them to be, we had 1.5 hour treatments which lead us to complete relaxation. My husband really enjoyed the kitesurfing and diviing. His instructor for Kiting, Sebastian, was really great as were the diving center employees.

We had breakfast daily on our balcony which is an extra $10 for delivery, but well worth it. Such gorgeous views, very tastey breakfast choices with some healthy choices too.
One morning my husband surprised me with breakfast out on the beach!! This was a beautiful way to start the day.
The dinners were good, I personally lean more towards vegetarian meals which there were not too many choices of on the dinner menus of either Bamboo or Coco Lobo. But they did make a pasta dish for me at Bamboo which was not on the menu. One night my husband ordered the Suckling Pig, which feeds 6 people, so we invited some friends to share the meal. That was definitely an experience! Everyone said it tasted great!

We also went to Mama Louisa's in the Punta Cana village and took a picture with her! She was very kind and the food there is really fresh, it is nice to get off the property for one night too. In the Punta Cana villiage, they opened a National, which is there supermarket and it has EVERYTHING YOU NEED!! All american brands of foods and snacks, wines, beers and of course Dominican Foods! If taking only carry ons, and can only carry 3oz worth of liquids/lotions, don't worry, just go there and buy what you need.

And of course, the VIP transport is just as imprressive as it was the first time!
The bottom line is, we LOVE Tortuga Bay and are really already planning our next trip!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SKPLongIsland_NY
Dear Mr./Mrs. SKPLongIsland_NY,

My best wishes,

Tel. (809) 959-8229 Ext. 7220
Cel. (829) 797-1121
Orangeville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Tortuga is without a doubt one of the nicest, family friendly places I have ever visited. From start to finish it was nothing but great service, friendly people and beautiful accommodations. I have stayed here multiple times in the last four years and honestly no matter what room you have it is just as wonderful of an experience!

Jess

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank PrefferedEscapes
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
28th December 2011

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Jess,

On behalf of Vincenzo Calcerano, General Manager of Tortuga Bay Punta Cana Resort & Club, thank you for taking the time to complete our guest comment form on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.