THIS REVIEW IS SPECIFIC TO JACUZZI SUITE - ROOM 3123.
1. Air conditioner not even close to sufficient to cool the room. It was approximately 85-90 degrees at all times with the unit functioning on “high”. No vent in bedroom section or bathroom section. Maintenance crew came twice and confirmed the unit was functioning at its full potential. It took 3 lobby visits and 4 days to get a fan delivered to the room.
2. Front desk did not provide safe lock & key, or towel cards upon arrival/check-in.
3. Keys to the room did not work.
4. Window did not lock.
5. Cover broken on the toilet paper dispenser. The maids left it lying on the floor for the duration of our stay.
6. Poor TV reception. 2 channels clear enough to decipher.
7. Hot and cold water in the shower. From the time you turn on the water, it constantly went from cool to scalding hot every 3-5 seconds.
8. No light, fan, or ventilation in the shower.
9. Drain cover in the shower not secure. 4”x4” drain wide open enough for your entire foot. Supervise your children or you’re guaranteed a broken ankle.
10. No fan or ventilation in the bathroom sink or toilet areas.
11. Bugs from the decorative flowers spread and are present at all times on the floor and in the furniture (couch, dresser drawers).
12. Housekeeping only brought wash cloths once.
13. Leaks all over the resort. Halls, lobby and room. The daily showers left dangerous slip areas all around the resort.
14. The front desk management did not offer help or solutions to the insufficient air conditioning issue.
15. Restaurant reservations. You have to make your reservations DAILY. If you are not in line by 7:30 a.m., you likely were stuck with the buffet.
16. The RIU Resorts access road is horrendous.
1. The view. Overlooking the courtyard, pool AND beach.
2. The room layout and appearance is very nice.
3. There is an indoor Jacuzzi tub between the bed and bathroom, and another on the private, 2 level, roof top terrace. NOTE: We had no desire to use either due to the intolerable temperatures inside the room. Tough to sit in a hot bath when you have nowhere to cool down afterward.
4. The terrace was spacious and included a spiral staircase to the roof top Jacuzzi.
5. The pool is enormous and the pool bar has both, bar seating, and built in benches to relax.
6. The bar and wait staff were very polite and attentive, particularly in the buffets and around the pool.
7. The activities. Daily tournaments in horseshoes, dance, and ping pong, games and water aerobics among others.
8. Alejandro. He appeared to be a wait staff supervisor. He acted as a floater during evening entertainment making sure every table and guest had drinks, seats, food or anything else they needed.
9. The resort décor. Particularly the lobby, lobby bar, the grounds, landscaping and restaurants. You truly felt you were in a Palace.
10. The steakhouse restaurant. The chicken was GREAT!
11. Krystal restaurant. Try the Chilean Sea Bass.
12. The fridge refill service. Large bottles of water, sodas and beers filled daily. (This may differ in other standard rooms)
13. The buffet food. Having stayed at a few other PC resorts, I can say the food at the RIU was slightly above average.
FINAL THOUGHTS – Third trip to Punta Cana. First stay RIU Palace PC. Upgraded to the "Jacuzzi Suite". The room ruined the stay. Other than that, very nice resort. Will not stay at a RIU again. Perhaps back to Iberostar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash waterpark will be opened from November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana