Our family stayed at this resort for ten days. Let me start with check in, which was a pleasant surprise. We got welcome drinks upon arrival and the reception staff (Wilson) was excellent. We arrived early but were able to enjoy everything that resort was offering right away. Our rooms were ready later on and met our expectation. If we had issues, the hotel was ready to offer us a different room right away. Overall the property is very well kept but a bit outdated. Pool area had plenty of chairs and umbrellas (they definitely need to be updated, lots of broken and cracked chairs and every second umbrella was missing holding pins so you had to be creative). The beach, right next to the pool was fantastic. Again plenty of chairs (much better than those around the pool) and there was no problem to find a spot under the palm trees. Service, hmmm. Our newlywed daughter and her husband came with us and the only thing the hotel was able to come up with for them was the fruit basket and a photocopied page with best wishes. We were very disappointed. I’m glad they spent their honeymoon in different resort which had much more to offer, just few weeks before. Service was friendly and prompt, but if you forgot to tip them you will saw a marked difference. Entertainment was so, so and poorly advertised. The only exception was a gentlemen playing violin at the lobby for couple nights: this was a real treat for everyone. On the other hand the program for kids (our younger daughter was with us) was a total disaster. For ten days every day was the same: same songs played in the same order, over and over every night. We have been in a few other resorts, and some of them even had a program almost comparable to Disney quality, so seeing the lack of effort and creativity in this children program was disappointing. Keep in mind that this place was built in 2006, so it definitely needs some updates after eight years of day to day business. Food was average and very salty. Sleep quality so, so. The fold out sofa bed was terrible. I would rate the resort quality at four stars at the most. Would I come back? Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana