I just returned from Punta Cana with a group of 9 people, 4 rooms. The hotel is very nice but don't think it's a five start resort. The food was good but it was the same food every night. The steak house steak had a wonderful taste (the best I probably ever tasted) but it was so tough you couldn't chew it. We had three people in our room & they gave us a room with a king size bed & a pull out sofa. When we asked for a room with 2 beds, they offered us a room with a couch that was ripped beyond repair and had no fabric on the cushions. The hotel manager suggested we lay towels down. After a brief discussion they did change our room to one with a great view. The wait staff wasn't very attentive, but there were a few that made our trip wonderful, Samuel & Valerio were great and made our drinks as we ordered. The beach is amazing and worth the trip back to Punta Cana. We also did the Dr. Fish excursion, which I would highly recommend. It is worth every penny of the $154 charge. This was the highlight of our trip. The night life is non-existent. They have a daily show that lasts about an hour & a live band plays a while before & after the live show. The live show isn't really live, it's lip synced and they had to start & restart it a few times. The drinks were not very strong & unless you asked for alcohol, they didn't put any in your drink and they were very warm. When we asked for frozen drinks, we got a drink with a few ice cubes. A couple with us had issues with their maid(s), they believe they were eating their food they brought from home and going through their clothes, in fact, they believe they tried on a few of their dresses. I may return to Punta Cana but I don't think I would return to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana