We have just returned from the Riu Palace and enjoyed 11 nights here. We stayed in room 1049 on the second floor overlooking the fountains and near to the pool area. We found the room very clean although the decor a little tired. Our room was always cleaned well and our fridge restocked daily.
We tried all the speciality restaurants and found the steakhouse and the Brazilian our least favourite but enjoyed Krystal and the Italian restaurant. Our main gripe was you had to book for these and they only have two sittings 6.30pm, too early and 9pm a little late. We preferred the buffet as you could choose what time to eat and there was always a good choice. The main restaurant was very busy at breakfast and not always the greatest breakfast although a lot of choice.
The beach is fantastic lots of sun beds and plenty of
shade under the palm trees.You can walk for miles in either direction and the "drinkey drinkey" guys come round all the time offering drinks so you don't even need to leave your sun bed..
The pool is large and very warm, again the waiters are always on hand to bring drinks. In the late afternoon the swim up pool bar gets very noisy with loud americans drinking and shouting at one another and some days this was a bit if a pain..
We did one trip the segway which was good fun and nice to see the Caribbean side of the island and you get to ride along a deserted beach.
The nightly entertainment was good and the animation team work very hard. All in all we enjoyed our stay, the staff work very hard and despite what people say about the tipping we didn't tip until the end of our holiday and still found we received very good service throughout. The main language is spanish but the staff all speak very good english. We were surprised during our stay how few English guests were staying at the hotel but it didn't stop us enjoying our holiday.
Don't listen to the negatives go to the Riu Palace and enjoy......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hour All Inclusive Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana opens all year round and is located in holiday area Punta Cana on the Dominican Republic's eastern coast, it is part of RIU Resort with four sister hotels, is situated on the Playa Arena Gorda, which stretches for 26 km. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Punta Cana Airport PUJ (25 km) and El Cortecito (10 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 612 cozily furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa, or get in shape at the gym. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children's pool. Day and evening entertainment, as well as our Pacha discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Japanese, Brazilian, Italian, Fusion restaurants, as well as 5 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana