My wife and I, along with 3 other couples returned from the "Palace" on 5/10/14. I'm going to tell you the absolute truth, no sugar coating. Last year my wife and I took a trip to the "Place" celebrating our 45th anniversary that we missed the year before due to my cancer surgery. We had a fantistic trip and loved the resort. We travel with 3 other couples every other year and we all decided to go to the "Palace" for this years trip. No one in the group of 8 had anything bad to say. No mold, no musty smell, cold air, great rooms that were well cleaned each and every day with turn down service every night, great all a round service, especially Juan at the buffet. Good food, not great food, including lobster on 2 different evenings. Top shelf whiskey, not watered down whiskey. I personally saw them open at least 6 JD bottles during the week. I don't know what people expect, they want to pay all inclusive prices and have 5 star everything. WOW, what idoits. The beach was a 10, plenty of shade and chairs anytime you went. Always able to find chairs at the pool, not always at waters edge. The hotel staff were always smiling and did everything they could to make your stay a good one. No problem at check in and no attitudes. I'm sure people have issues from time to time but don't let them spoil your vacation. This was our 16th trip to "The Islands", Mexico, Punta Cana, Virgin Islands, cruises, etc, so it wasn't our first rodeo. The "Place" is a great place to have a wonderful VACATION. Try it, you won't regret it. Remember the staff work for very little, don't forget to tip, it goes a long way to helping their families. Our trip home was another story, we were "on the plane" for over 9 hours. We were to have a 3.5 hour direct flight to Pittsburgh, PA, it turned to be a 9 hour ordeal that went to Pittsburgh, via Atlanta. However, we did get home safe and sound, and that's what counts. Life is short, enjoy everyday of it.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana