This was my 11th trip to Punta Cana. We decided to upgrade this year and picked the Riu Palace. I did not read the reviews until after I booked so was really nervous after some of the bad reviews. We were pleasantly surprised. I do not think it is a 5 star hotel but it is quite nice. The common rooms look like a palace, very elegant and beautiful, the bedrooms are large but need some updating as does some of the paint in other areas,but all in all it is beautiful. We did not have musty odor and the airconditioner worked great.
The beach was wonderful with plenty of chairs. There was a beachboy who came around with drinks all day so you did not even have to get up and go top the bar. The food was quite good with a big variety including lobster one night . You must remember this is not America so the food is different but anyone should find something they like. The desserts were spectacular! Tiny confections with very interesting decorations.
The staff was very friendly except for on bellhop.. Our maid was wonderful and made towel decorations with flowers every day. Our bed was also turned down a couple of nights
All in all, we were very pleased
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hour All Inclusive Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana opens all year round and is located in holiday area Punta Cana on the Dominican Republic's eastern coast, it is part of RIU Resort with four sister hotels, is situated on the Playa Arena Gorda, which stretches for 26 km. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Punta Cana Airport PUJ (25 km) and El Cortecito (10 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 612 cozily furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa, or get in shape at the gym. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children's pool. Day and evening entertainment, as well as our Pacha discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Japanese, Brazilian, Italian, Fusion restaurants, as well as 5 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana