I just came back 2 days ago from Riu Palace Punta Cana. Its good value all inclusive Hotel. The location is fantastic!! It was the first time in DR for my friends and we had a great time. There is a Disco and a Casino in the hotel and there is a convenient shuttle bus to the other Riu hotels.
Beach and pool: beautiful beach and the hotel staff keeps it very clean which is important to take care of the environment. The pool has a bar and a convenient buffet restaurant around the pool, drinks are great and the mamajuana are awesome and good quality.
Restaurants: Food at the Yokohama Japanese restaurant is terrible, very salty and not appetizing. The Brazilian restaurants is ok I would not recommend. On the other hand, the Italian restaurant offered the best presentation and taste. The buffet “Don Manuel" offered some of the national dishes as well as a selection of all American breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some of the dishes were good other bland with no taste. They offered a selection of fresh fruit juices, and other healthy choices. Drinks are good and a big selection.
Rooms: We had 2 Jr. Suits. The doors need to be updated, they need safer lucks, and there is a safe in the room. The rooms are spacious. We had problems with our bathroom, our toilet was clog and the bathtub was leaking water to the outside. We informed the staff about it, they fixed it and it only worked for one day. The bedding is of bad quality, towels are good and the hotel staff d enough.
The staff is very friendly, good customer service specially David from Expedia, Polanco from Don Manuel buffet and Eugenia our housekeeper.
Hopefully, the Hotel will take into consideration updating the door locks, cleaning the glasses in the room and making sure showers and toilets are working properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana