Me and my partner (26&29) stayed two weeks in this hotel. We had seen the reviews and was a little apprehensive about the hotel. When we arrived, check in was smooth and simple and was given a room on the 2nd floor facing the back side of the hotel. It was quiet apart from some noise on the corridor of our room from other people getting to theirs. Slept really well. No bugs, as long as you keep your bug blind closed from the balcony. There was a bit of a smell in the room but after a couple of days you didn't notice it. The air con was good and was so happy for it after been outside in the heat. The bathroom in the hotel was clean, a few tiles missing but apart from that it was a nice big room.
The pool and beach where amazing. Because it was so hot, I went into the pool to get a drink from the pool bar, there was a lot of wasps around there because of the sweet drinks but they dont bother you. There was a few tiles missing in the pool but I didn't care really. The entertainment staff are friendly and cheeky and love to dance and make a fool of themselves. The beach is connected to the pool side. There is shelter from palm trees which is nice. The sea is soooo warm and really nice and clear :)
Me and my partner thought that the food was really nice and didn't get sick from the food at all! All the al le cartes where nice apart from the Japanese. Stay away from that one! We didn't have a problem booking the tables for the a le carte restaurants.
If your looking for a day trip, I would recommend outback safari! It was brilliant. Please see my review for this.
Nothing more to report. Please don't be put off by the bad reviews. It's a nice hotel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana