stayed at the palace puntacana sept 7th for 14 nights i have read the recent reviews and dont think i was in the same place as some of these people that have written these reviews firstly i am sorry but i did not count how many tiles were missing in the pool because i was either swimming in it or sun bathing next to it ,the bar staff are spot on they did not wait for use to finish the drinks before they getting more an again am sorry but i dont mind giving a dollar for hard work. The rooms were spot less we did move because we did not like the first room . it was our wedding aniversary while there told the rep even though they were a day late they did up the room bottle of fizzy wine balloons bed covered in flowers would i get a blackpool hotel at £90 a night no .the food is samey in the main restaraunt but i stayed in the mexico last year and that was the same food but if you get fish chicken red meat cooked meats what esle can you have i think theres to much to choose from, some was not to my likeing but what the hell i had something i was there for 2 weeks eating my self full everyday they did not bother how much jim beem jack danials jonny walker smirnoff you have, you asked you got the drink was great entertainment was riu, so so, the more you drink the better they get .the themed restaraunts are very good READ THE MENU BEFORE YOU BOOK one couple went to steak restaraunt the starter is a sea food platter its good they sent it back cos she was alergic to fish the staff thought there was something wrong with the food
My tips the carpets have fleas always sit on tiled areas they dont vac they sweep always have plenty of OFF on your legs tricky little buggers will make a meal out of your feet
They dont no how to make tea When i go back, and i will, i will take a dual voltage kettle and powdered milk you get tea bags from the restaraunt. The fish in the italian and french restaraunts is to die for remember the brazilian is five courses not one so its only small amounts of meat not one piece remember read the menu before you book
Lastly the reception staff are the worst i have ever come across and i have stayed in rius all over the world from mexico to turkey never met a more arrogant bunch very unhelpfull so dont expect a warm reception and they are not intrerested in riu gold cards nothing extra there .
Overall loved it would go back anytime
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana