I brought my wife to the Riu Palace Punta Cana for her birthday last December after having stayed at the Riu Bachata in Puerto Plata that July. We enjoyed the Bachata so much that I wanted to take her back to another Dominican Riu and a friend recommended the Palace Punta Cana as an upgraded experience and the staff and facilities did not disappoint us.
When we arrived the front desk as part of a large bus crowd we lined up at the front desk and their organization got us quickly checked into our room.
Throughout our stay the staff kept the room clean and well stocked with drinks, towels, etc.
Many people travel to Punta Cana for the white sand beaches and just looking at the professional and traveler photos on this site you can see why. The beaches are spectacular and you can walk along them for miles. So if you're looking for a resort with a fabulous beach you won't go wrong with the Riu Palace Punta Cana. The bar wait staff will even serve you on the beach and a $1 tip goes a long (long) way! We prefer sitting poolside, closer to the bar and the lunch buffet! :-)
We ate at the buffet for both breakfast and lunches each day and then at the a la carte restaurants for dinner. I love omelets and fruit for breakfast while my wife prefers a variety and the buffet never disappointed either of us. With respect to dinner we particularly enjoyed the Japanese restaurant (the Yokohama) and the steakhouse but we liked the food at all of the a la cartes. Like other Riu resorts the Palace Punta Cana allocates the limited dinner reservations on a first-come-first-served basis early in the morning (opening at 8am as I recall), however, (as I only found out the second last morning of our stay) they allow you to book for at least two days in advance (there's reason enough not to skip your orientation session when you arrive like we did!).
A couple of tips: We found the beach-hut therapeutic massage extremely relaxing and will ensure we build that into our budget for future trips. Bring along a stack of $1 bills for tipping. While the staff at the resorts provide EXCELLENT service regardless of tipping and we found they NEVER sought a tip, they also greatly appreciate the simple gesture of receiving a $1 for good service ... and remembered the gift later on.
Overall we have found the staff at the Riu resorts friendly and accommodating and the facilities up to their five star ratings. We enjoy the food both at the buffets and the a la carte restaurants. We very much look forward to returning for our next vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana