We stayed from April 20th - 27th. We're giving an excellent rating because the Riu delivered everything we expected. Service was great, staff was friendly, food and drink was exactly what we thought it should be, resort was clean and well maintained.
When I look at some of the negative reviews for this property, particularly when someone says the staff was rude, I just can't believe that the people stayed at the same resort we did. Our housekeeper, Anna, gave us a hug on our last day! This was our ninth trip to an AI (fifth in PC) and that has never happened before.
The Riu Palace Punta Cana regularly ranks right in the middle of the pack among the PC resorts. Sure you can get better everything, but you'll pay for it as well. Considering the price we paid this was one of the best values we've ever had on a vacation. Our first trip to an AI was a Sandals in Jamaica (supposedly the highest rated AI chain.) We paid two and a half times as much as the RIU, and got half the service. We highly recommend the Riu Palace Punta Cana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash waterpark will be opened from November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana