Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
5,351 results
All reviewsdon manuelmusty smellla bodegaspecialty restaurantssports barpalm treeskrystal restaurantcaribbean streetdominican republicmake reservationsother resortssteakbeautiful beachplenty of chairsthe wait staffmain buffetoutback safari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the second time within a year we have stayed here, and we loved it just as much as the first time.
Some of the staff remembered us and welcomed us back.
The entertainment staff was excellent and always stopped by to talk with us, made sure we were having a good time and just to say hi.
The food was excellent as always.
The front desk called us after we checked in to make sure everything was to our liking, which of course it was!
The staff always made sure we were taken care of, had a drink, coffee, whatever we needed.
We requested a blanket at the front desk and it was waiting for us in our room when we got there 20 minutes later!
This is our favorite place. It is resort itself is beautiful and the pool and beach are awesome. People ask why we don't go to other resorts or islands, our answer is "When you find a place you love, it isn't worth trying something else and possibly ruining your vacation".
This time we stayed in a standard Jr. Suite room and it was ok. Nothing fancy or spectacular, but nice, clean and it served it's purpose. We didn't go with a deluxe suite this time because how much time do you really spend in the room anyway?
We were here for 9 days this time and loved every one of them. Looking forward to returning in December!

Room Tip: The fitness center includes use of the Sauna, Steam Room and Jaccuzzi in your package. You can get to the them by going back through the spa area to the right and it is at the other end of the courtyard within the spa complex. You do not need a Reservation for the main buffet in the Don Manuel Dining Room. Lunch is also served in the Don Manuel Dining Room, or at the Steak House rest. by the pool. This is not a party place for craziness, which is why we stay here.
2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Riu Palace PC April 27 through May 4, 2013. I've stayed at several AI's and I have to say this was one of my better experiences. We were greeted upon arrival with smiling faces, everyone willing to help. Staff was great in all ways, didn't experience any of the problems so many others have written about.

Room-We were on the second floor in Room 1015, Standard Junior Suite overlooking the garden. This was a corner room so we had an extenced balcony with an ocean view...granted it was a view between 2 buildings, but still oceanview. I found the room to be more than adequate...king size bed, separate sitting area for reading or watching television. Only complaint would be that on Wednesday and Thursday we returned to the room at 4:30 to get ready for the evening and they were still making up the room...a minor inconvenience.

Restaurants-We had breakfast in the main buffet every morning...typical faire, omelet station, eggs, meats, cereals, pastries etc. Found breakfast to be excellent. We had lunch at the beach everyday (steak house at night). Again, nothing spectacular, usual faire, I had fish most days and was very pleased with this selection. We had dinner at the buffet twice...good selection of food choices...not a 5 star restaurant but very good. For ala cartes, we ate at the:

Japanese restaurant (not hibachi steak house) I had shrimp and shittake mushrooms over fried rice noodles it was outstanding.

Brazilian restaurant, this was a Brazilian barbecue, the staff brought various meats on skewers to the table...plenty to eat and it was very good.

Italian restaurant, I had linguini with shrimp in white wine sauce, again excellent. My wife had a stuffed chicken breast...more than she could eat and according to her, excellent!

Krystal, I had snapper my wife had the beef dish...very good.

Pool-I thought the pool was a little disappointing...small and crowded, but I'm more of a beach person anyway, so this wasn't real important.

Beach-Very, very nice...lots of palm trees so you can be in shade if you want, but also plenty of room in the sun. No problems getting beach chairs...no towel games...

Beer-For those of you who find this important (as I do), Presidente in cans is provided in the fridge in your room and is also served in the restaurants. Brahma on tap.

Overall, it was a great time and we will return!

Room Tip: We had a corner room, this provided an extended balcony. Our room 1015 (standard junior suite) also had an oceanview(I assume 2015 and 3015 have the same oceanview).
4  Thank PilgrimTraveler1954
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I usually stay at the Riu Palace when we go to Mexico and Aruba.
We decided to stay at the Riu Palace Punta Cana Dominican Republic, and we are so put off from our stay there that we will never stay at a Riu property again.
Our first night there, our room flooded with sewage from a backed up toilet.
There was a man sweeping water out of our room for over an hour, at 3am and at no point were we offered to be moved to another room. For the rest of the week, there were roaches in our room and a mildew smell from the water.
My clothing, brand new and still in the suitcase on the floor got soaked with water from the toilet, and when we took our clothes down to the reception the next morning, they tried to charge us for the dry cleaning. The language barrier is horrible, and it is difficult to communicate with any hotel staff on any issues that may arise. We spent the extra money to have a jacuzzi suite, and feel that it was a complete waste of our money.
The buffet food was ok, the restuarants on site are not very good, and again, the language barrier is a huge issue. The wait staff are rude and there is no existing element of customer service.

2  Thank Dsreel
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my and my husband's first all-inclusive and it was our honeymoon. We had a great time. The staff is great. Always friendy to us and the service to spot-on. As soon as our drinks got low there would be someone there asking if we needed a refill. They came around and brought us drinks on the beach. Alejandro that runs the wait staff in the evenings in the courtyard is awesome. He would walk right up as soon as we arrived and get our drink order and always be there when we needed refills. We went to the most of the restaurants while we were there. The Italian and Japanese were our favorites. There is a small selection but our food was good. We skipped the steakhouse since we heard from multiple people that the steaks we overcooked and tough. The Brazilian steakhouse was just ok. The buffet was good. Some of the food was a little different tasting but I think everyone needs to rememeber, they aren't in the USA these people are trying to please a wide variety of guests from different nationalities and they are cooking food that is not native to them. Overall we thought the food was good. The waitstaff in the buffet is awesome. We ended up going to Francisco everynight and by the 3 time we saw him he would have our drinks ready before we even sat down. He was great. Just be sure to tip, the staff (bartenders, waiters, entertainers) would be there in the morning and we'd see then at midnight serving drinks. They work really hard. The only meal I would tell you to totally avoid is the room service. We got it one night, it was awful.The beach was gorgeous with palm trees all around. The water is a pretty blue. There were people selling things on the beach but they didn't harrass. If you told them you weren't interested, they'd walk on. The pool is nice, plenty of seats. There is a swim up bar with tables around but we only went there one day. It seemed like that's where all the frat dudes went to sit around and get wasted all day. Which is fine but we were on our honeymoon so we were looking for a little more peace and quiet. They have activities up by the pool also, games and dancing lessons. It gets pretty loud but it's easy to get away from on the beach. There are little shops down by the beach and some of those guys will harrass you, you just have to walk away. We got a couples massage and it was very nice and not too expensive. We only did one excursion but there are plenty to choose from. The rooms were clean, my only complaint would be the musty smell. It was bad when we first arrived. I'm not sure if it got better or we just got used to it but by the end of the trip we didn't really notice. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. I would recommend Riu Palace Punta Cana, especially if you are looking to relax, soak up the sun, be waited on, and not leave the resort much. If you are looking for lots of exploring and adventures, this is probably not the place for you. It's nice to go to an all-inclusive and not have to worry about how much dinner or drinks will cost you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having stayed at other Riu properties I would say I was neither surprised or overly impressed with anything. Food not quite as good as some of the other properties but I suspect that's my personal opinion as they seem to cater a little more to European palettes. Just like at other RIU's my only real complaint is that the rooms never seem to get cool enough and the humidity still creeps in... other that it was a great time as always.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family