We moved from the Riu Bambu next door to Riu Palace with a group of very unhappy customers after getting extorted for more money to stay here. This Hotel is also listed as a 5 Apple with Casino (which is a large closet with a dozen or so slot machines and a Hand Made Black Jack Table that no one was ever at.)
The Good: The lobby is very beautiful, marble floors, crystal chandeliers, and a nice front desk. The staff overall is very nice and the drink guy at the pool could not have been nicer. The beach is wonderful and the water is clear and nice.
The Bad: Entertainment was just awful! One night they got woman volunteers to dance as raunchy as they could (which was kind of funny) but then made each the poor woman simulate sex and pretend to get shot in the head. Everyone in the audience was so uncomfortable and the poor women just wanted off the stage.
The pool looks big in the photos but is so packed that you could not swim, in the afternoon it gets so hot that the pool is like a hot tub that smell like a dirty diaper. If you don't get down by the pool by 7am, you will not find a place to sit and the music in the afternoon is so loud, hard to enjoy the pool.
The Ugly: Housekeeping is bad, the king bed is two twins pushed together our first night there, our room was not ready for us with the last peoples towels, sheets on the floor, no problem, we called the front desk and they said they get to it right away, we go to dinner and come back still not ready, called again and said "right away", we went to the show got back at 11:30pm.. room not done called again and said right away. By midnight our room was finally made with nasty bloody sheets. We slept on only the one twin and asked next day to fix, it took 3 days for the maid to change the sheets with blood on them.
Overall much better then the Riu Bambu but still has lots of problems. If you post a negative review, you will get harassed by someone I think works for the Hotel. They had my first review taken off because I never slept at the Riu Bambu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana