Check in was a breeze, The hotel grounds, pool, beach and rooms were all to my liking.( FYI) The in room safe is small, so you wont be able to put your lap top in it. If you are bringing one buy some locks for your luggage so that you wont have any problems with theft as I did read a few reviews that mentioned being robbed. I did not have this problems. If something is of value put it away do not leave it out. Now for the room service, all they have are sandwiches and fruit. I did not have the need to use it. Moving on Wi-Fi they give you the code at check in, my device kept loosing the connection not sure why, but I did not need it to often so it was not a problem
for me. When you book this hotel they give you a bracelet which gives you access to the other Riu Hotels next door. I really liked our hotel so I only walked over to the other hotels to look around I did not hang out. They were nice also, but I think ours was the best looking.
Things I did not like,
1. The pool area does not serve snacks, only drinks. Come on Riu, you can make a small snack
menu for the pool. And there is no pool restroom. You have to walk over to a restaurant to use
the restroom and after many hours at the pool I did not see many people going in that
direction. You know what that means. And people stop putting your towel on a pool chair and
not sit in at all day.
2. I tried three of the specialty restaurant and 1 of them sucked, it was suppose to be a
Brazilian restaurant (La Bodega) Really bad food and service.
The salad bar was empty and none of the workers cared. The meat took a long time to
come out, and when it did, the worker Pedro Kept serving the same table. I was sitting for a
long time with no food on my plate.
I think he was serving certain tables because he thought they would tip more. (whatever)
When the meat finally made it to our table it was very hard not worth the wait. At this point
the buffet would have been better. The only person who was attentive at this restaurant
was a young girl (did not get her name) she who would refill your drinks as soon as it
needed. And guess who got your tip Pedro, she did.
3. The company that hangs out in the pool area Scuba Caribe they are shady especially Enrique
I suggest you book activities with blue travel in the hotel lobby. But you do have to go through
them for the hotel beach activities canoeing and wind surfing which are included.
If you have a question about the resort please ask,
The airport is 30 minutes away, And they charge 10.00 per visitor upon arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana