We returned yesterday from a week long stay. We have been to Punta Cana many times, but this is the first time at the Riu Palace. The resort and the grounds were beautiful. Every employee was extremely friendly and helpful. The food was generally wonderful and the presentation of appetizers and desserts was unbelievable. Our room was lovely- the first time we have had 2 sinks in the bathroom. One problem was that twice when my husband was in the shower the power went out. After calling the front desk help came quickly although the man who came spoke almost no English. Fortunately my husband speaks some Spanish. The other problem that all the resorts have is the saving of the pool chairs. I got up at 6am every day and sat by the pool until all the other chairs were taken. If you put your towel on the chair it is considered "reserved", but you have to get up early to find an empty one. Unlike the other resorts we have stayed at however, it seemed to me that the pool staff was being paid or tipped to reserve chairs for guests. I would sit in my chair before any guests had come down and watch the pool staff lay towels on certain chairs. Sometimes the people sitting in those chairs wouldn't appear until noon. Other times people would only spend an hour or two a day sitting in those chairs. I never saw money change hands but I believe something unfair was going on. The pool itself was the smallest one we have encountered, but was big enough for the number of people using it. A lot of people swam in the ocean which was beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana