The resort layout and the architecture is beautiful. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Food for the most part was very good. It seemed like the buffet was the best due to the large variety. Some of the specialty restaurants were a bit sparse on selection, and there was no cocktail service in any of the restaurants with the esception of beer and wine. (The house wine was good.) The beach and pool are great. Service was very good and all spoke some english. You have to get up at 5am to get a good chair at the pool! Don't leave the resort, there is nothing outside! You can visit the other 3 RIU resorts next door.
Now the sore spot. If you enjoy mixed drinks... you will end up drinking beer or wine! I don't know what the problem was, but the mixed drinks all tasted the same at the pool and the entertainment bar. The lobby bar was closest to acceptable with the few drinks they knew how to mix! All of the rest of the drinks had a chemical taste which was bad.
Otherwise, it was a great place to be in mid winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana