My family arrived at the hotel for a March Break vacation. My first impression of the lobby and the main entrance was clean and very well maintained. The front desk was occomadating and friendly. The rooms were somewhat not to my expectations, i would almost discripe the room as standard. My kids slept on a sofa matress that i would describe it as slightly below average. The room service was was excellent, very friendly with a "hello- olah" every morning however did not speak any english. The landscaping was excellent, very well maintained, the pool was very clean, the entertainment staff were very friendly and alway found them trying to get guest to participate in activities. Again, the only draw back was the lack of some of them not speaking much english. The beach was fantastic and very well maintained. The gym was alilttle dissapointing, a little small and some days the exercise machines would work other days not. The did have a childrens play ground a little of the path, however they were only open during the late part of the afternoon. The italian resteraunt was dissapointing, considering i love italian food. The steak house was o.k. however the buffet is the best bet. Get there early becouse it was fresh. The buffett had a different theme every night, the selection was excellent and the service was excellent. The pool service was good, however i would recommend tipping a $1 every order, service is faster, bigger smiles every time. There is a kiosk that provides photos, i would highly recommend, not only were they very friendly, Elena one of the photographers was very good with the kids, a litte expensive but the quality was great. The nightly entertainment was average to good, they always put a strong effort to entertain every one. More accomadating to the age group of 40 to 60 years of age. I would say the overall experience was great. i would recommend the Rui Palace Punta Cana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana