Our Stay began at the Riu Palace Punta Cana on Dec.9 - 16 , 2012. This hotel is showing its age, the room was musty with stale cigarette smoke along with a stench we could not identify as we entered our room .The air conditioning was set at 24 degrees and would not lower I found it to be shut off at 4am each morning causing me to wake up hot. I called but the maintenance man just cranked it to 10 degrees C which did nothing.since it would not cool more than 24. Overall I liked the staff, most were friendly if you were friendly toward them. would I come back to this hotel the answer is no. The beach is gorgeous the weather is amazing but as far as staying here again, I would only rate as a 3.5 star. Oh and the bed was as hard as a rock , I need to take advil to get through the night because the mattress was brutal.The food was in a word - MEH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash waterpark will be opened from November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana