We are here as I type this evening...lol This is a beautiful resort, nice beach and pool. We think the food is good. We were expecting bad..but surprisingly we enjoy our dinners. Breakfast is typical..but buffet dinner always has something different if you look. Lots of food areas. Drinks are great!!
Rooms are nice..they do smell musty..but running the air continuously helps. Make sure if your air conditioner does not work..just make them give you a new room..we suffered for 4 nights before demanding a new room...happy campers now!! Beds are typical hard...
People are all nice, rooms are clean, sometimes we were not able to communicate..oh well...
Things they need to fix...they seriously need to stop the smoking everywhere...we would go far away from people..and it would never fail...someone would come around us and smoke. Just don't understand..are we the only country (USA) that teach people smoking is harmful????
Another suggestion I will leave them with...they need to have a couple beach guys to help with chairs...we spent a lot of time trying to find chairs that were empty and not broken...I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have a man with me. He did a lot of walking and dragging every day!! And..no drinks on the beach..why not have a couple guys to help us..and bring drinks???
Oh...and we are early risers usually..but the hot nights with no air...we could not sleep..sometimes falling to sleep 5am...well, don't think you will be able to sleep in...the cleaning people don't know how to be quite..my godness...they and their carts are like a nascar event...lol So, try to get to bed at a decent hour since sleeping in...not going to happen..
Be informed that this resort is on the atlantic ocean..we didn't realize that..and it is like being at myrtle beach...really rough...when we travel to the islands we are use to pretty calm water, so that was a dissappointment to us..probably won't return because of it. We love being in the water. But..if your not an ocean person...very nice place and nice pool. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana