Date of stay 6th - 21 November 2012
Having stayed at an RIU previously we were not surprised by the impressive facade and grand reception area the lovely grounds and of course the wonderful beach. Sadly there the good bits end. This hotel seems to have fallen between the two preverbial stools insofar as it is a 5 star complex but with a 1960s holiday camp attitude. Our room was constantly damp as were many others, we reported on 3 occasions other faults within the room but they still took 6 days to be put right. Although most staff tried hard its just not up to 5 star rating. Entertainment was reminiscent of an episode of HI-DE-HI and thats being kind!. Restaurant service was friendly but plates were removed as soon as knife and fork were put down with no regard to other people who were still eating. We paid the extra supplement for what was described as a "limited sea view". For this read virtually non-existent. We tipped individuals on a regular basis because we felt that they tried their best to look after us but clearly better training is called for throughout especially Reception whose attitude often left much to be desired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana