For our 40th wedding anniversary we decided to book six nights at an all-inclusive resort. We worked with a travel adviser who had actually been there, and she had some nice advice about this place. The resort is not large, so there is not much walking involved to get to the pool or the beach. This was not a problem for us, but is a nice convenience. The pool is very nice, and quite large, so crowding was not an issue. The beach area is large and filled with natural palm trees for shade and lounge chairs. The ocean has some mild breaking waves all the time, and they get a little rough sometimes, when the wind is blowing. We had rain every day, although sometimes it was only at night, and other times it was brief. When you are wearing only a bathing suit, who cares if get wet from the sky rather than the ocean or the pool? We had dinner in each of the restaurants except the Japanese-theme one, and all the dinners were enjoyable. We had our first dinner at the buffet, but ate so many choices that we can't remember what we had. One of the nicest things about this resort is the friendliness of the staff. Everyone has a smile and a sincere greeting for you. The staff in charge of activities are very involved and are there literally all the time. They get beach and pool activities going throughout the day, get the guests dancing during the lounge music time in the evening, and go out of their way to visit guests everywhere on the property to chat. Language is sometimes an issue, but a friendly smile goes a long way, and they are big on that. A minor inconvenience is that you can't drink the water from the tap. They provide plenty of bottled water, but you have to be mindful of this issue. As an all-inclusive resort, there are no charges for any normal activities, food or beverages, including a mini-bar refrigerator and standard liquor bottles in your room. Check out out pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana