“La Cana was Unbelievable”

Book In Advance
More Info
$140.00*
and up
La Cana Golf Club Package in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: The magnificent ocean-front vistas of La Cana Golf Course will captivate the most discerning golf design connoisseurs, while its well-fortified greens challenge the game’s toughest competitors. After one round, avid enthusiast and casual player alike will understand why Golf Magazine has compared La Cana to Pebble Beach and declared it the “number one course in the Caribbean.” Designed by P. B. Dye, La Cana boasts fourteen ocean-view holes with four playing right on the water’s edge, and its state-of-the-art Seashore Paspalum grass allows for maintenance with minimal environmental impact. No serious player can take a golf vacation to the Caribbean without testing his or her chops on this stand-out course. Now offering new Enhancement Packages with its sister course, Corales, no serious golf can come to the Dominican Republic without playing a round on these world-class courses.
Midlothian
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“La Cana was Unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2008

This golf course was absolutely amazing. This was the first time I have played golf in three trips to the Dominican Republic, and I was skeptical at first because of the high cost. However, the people at La Cana pull off a challenging, well-kept, and extremely enjoyable round of golf. Of course the best part was the holes along the ocean (including #17 and #18) and the island green #12, but the little things such as nice fairways and greens made it great. Big thanks to my man James, our caddy, for being dead-on 95% of the time and an enjoyable person to ride with. Oh, and for humoring us by asking if we were professionals.

Bring a camera, a solid sand game, and a bottle opener for the ice cold Presidentes. There are waste bunkers bordering most of the holes and some well-placed traps that can add strokes to your game. We teed off early, around 9 AM, and I think we were one of the first groups out. It never seemed crowded behind us either. I will definitely play golf here again on our next trip and recommend this course to anyone who may read this. Send a message if I can help with any questions.

4 Thank VTHokieMac
Puntacana Resor... a, Golf Professional at La Cana Golf Course, responded to this review, November 1, 2016
Hello maverickeb and thanks for your feedback.

La Cana is a golf course well kept as you mentioned. Our superintendent and his staff work hard every day to keep the course in the best shape possible.

The finishing holes are arguably the best finishing holes in the region and also provide a nice competitive touch to the end of your round.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your time in La Cana and hope to have you back soon here.

Golf Professional

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2008

La Cana is a wonderfull test of golf for all standard of golfers. It's a great layout and with the choice of tees offers something for everyone.

I have played it many times now on layovers in Punta Cana and cant recommend it enough. I play off 10 and have played from all the tees. It's long from the back.....beware!! There are 3 holes that play directly along the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and views on many other holes. There is even a "Dye" signature island green at the 12th to keep you on your toes!

I have never found it necessary to have a caddy as carts are available, a very good yardage book is available from the shop.

The food is excelent and they have a lovely restaurant if you fancy treating yourself for a special evening meal. The staff can't do enough for you.

If playing 36 holes then take your swimmers and make use of the beautiful pool and sun terrace for a relaxing dip and a long drink between rounds....something we always do to freshen up in the heat of the day. Then after the round there is nothing better than an ice cold Presidente on the balcony looking out over the 18th green and beyond to the sea.

It's a great course and a lovely day out!

1 Thank Jetbloke
Hello jetbloke and thanks for taking some of your time with this feedback of your experience.

As you just said, PB Dye made it special when he built La Cana. It has a little bit of everything and you finish it off with the best oceanside hole in the region.

Our superintendent and his team work hard day in and day out so the course is in the best shape possible.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your round in La Cana and hope to see you back soon.

La Cana Golf Professional
houston
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“La Cana Golf Course great golf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2008

My husband & I recently vacationed in Punta Cana. La Cana Golf Course was definitely one of the highlights of our vacation. It is truly a beautiful course. My husband is a much better golfer than me, but we both enjoyed the some time challanging course. We did have a caddie (not expensive) and he was very helpful. We will deffinitely play La Cana again.
Debbi & Bob Sims

5 Thank travelgolfers
Puntacana Resor... a, Golf Professional at La Cana Golf Course, responded to this review, October 31, 2016
Hello travelgolfers and thanks for taking some of your time with this feedback.

We are very glad to hear that you had a great time here in La Cana.

Please contact me directly at griley@puntacana.com next time you come.

Golf Professional
New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Proper Shirts required”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2006

Golfers beware!!! Proper shirts are required. Not just shirts with collars but you must have a knit polo shirt. I had a nice button up shirt and was told when I was picked up that I would need to change it. A couple of fellows that I met at the golf course had to buy shirts there. Also book direct with the golf course. I found out too late that I could have save approx $50.00 by booking direct and not through a tour. Don't fall for the speech when they say "I can get you the best price." Also be aware that you know what is included and what is not. I was told that drinks & food were included and that caddies were not manditory. WRONG!! Also some caddies are very pushy.
Overall the golf was GREAT. The course it is well laid out and challenging.

77 Thank karennh65