“we could've stayed forever......”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #19 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've never written a trip review before, but if ever a property deserves one, this is it. Everything came together perfectly: location, food, service, room, etc. This was our second trip to Punta Cana, but the first to this resort. My wife and I stayed in an ocean view royal service room, overlooking an amazing golden sand beach, and were there for 10 days.
Our amazing butler, Yohelvi, did everything we asked for, and more, from dinner and bali bed reservations to ironing and fruit platters.
Meal choices were numerous and outstanding, with our favourites being Palazzo, Gabi Beach, Vento, and Aqua. We went to Passion (carries a surcharge) one night for a special occasion, and indulged in a tasting menu that was truly delicious. A burger place by day, at night, Market Grill was transformed into a wonderful steakhouse. During our stay we tried the lunch buffet at four different restaurants with food that ran the range from burgers to gourmet, all very good.
Service was flawless, to the point that we began collecting the names of only those who routinely exceeded our expectations. Elizabeth C and Fernando (royal service lounge), Juan de Aza and Wilson (gabi beach), Osualdo and Juan de Dios (palazzo), and Janely (housekeeping), all made a great vacation even better. On the days we chose to have breakfast or lunch at palazzo, Stefhania always made us feel welcome.
During the trip, we celebrated my wife’s 50th birthday, a celebration made even more special by the efforts of Belen SanMartin and Daniel Rodriguez from the management office. A very public “thank you” to both.
I realize I’ve mentioned a lot of people, but if it wasn’t for them, this would have been just another resort in the Caribbean, although one with great food and an amazing beach! All our future vacations are going to be measured against this one, and we’d go back in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Pick royal service with an ocean view room.
There are newer reviews for Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed July 23, 2014

What can I say about the DR. The water is beautiful and this hotel was beautiful. The place forces you to relax. The beach is really nice and you can walk and exercise for miles and miles. Overall this property and our 7 day stay there was great.
Now for the bad news:
The main restaurant/buffet was closed due to a fire and we were never notified by GOGO tours. The casino and the sports bar were also closed for renovation. There are workers on the roof working 24 hours and thats kind of strange but I guess the work needs to get done.The internet really does not work in the rooms and around the hotel so if you need to do stuff go to the business center and its fine and comfortable.If that was the only issue I would be fine but the biggest issue is with Guest Services. That is where you need to go to make reservations and its a complete mess.I do not fault the employees I fault the system that they have in place. Our package was guaranteed reservations but it was a fight every day to get confirmed reservations! The last thing that I want to worry about is where am I going to eat every night. When I contacted my agent in the US she did all that she could do so I contacted Genue Y Carolina via an email to see if we could get a little credit towards out trip due to closures and a bad G.S. desk.All that I got back was a letter under my door. I was disappointed in them and with the G.S.in general.

Last thoughts:
Luis at the pool bar is the best and his team too. Everyone that works there really work hard and deserve good tips because I do not think that they get paid fairly for how hard they work. We would tip $20.00 at every dinner (party of 4). Breakfast and lunch between $5.00-$10.00 again because they work very hard.
Would I return? Yes if they improve the G.S. and the whole reservation system for meals.
Great people in the DR and we loved this place but get ready for more of the above

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and the property is really not that large.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The place has luxury goals & do a great job but they need better maintenance teams to take of the rooms! They also failed to tell us in advance they had a fire on the resort & some great amenities were not available! The manager Ruben did his best to make up for it! As for him it's worth it! On the beach as for Fernando, he will be the X factor for all needs on the sand!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at the Paradisus for 5 nights in June 2014. The property is beautiful and the service was great. We paid extra for the adults only Royal Service. I felt it was pricy but it was well worth it in the end. We really enjoyed the adults only section on the beach with bali beds, juice bar, butler service, and access to the restaurants. The regular buffet was closed while we were there (something about a fire?) so it was moved into a ballroom which was mediocre compared to the other restaurants. It was helpful to have our butler (Francis) make those dinner arrangements for us daily. The hibachi and Asian fusion restaurants were delicious as was Palazzo which you can only go to through the Royal Service. There's also a lounge for Royal Service customers with cocktail service and free wifi that we spent some time in. We've been to one of the Riu resorts in Punta Cana and it did not compare to the Paradisus. You definitely get what you pay for here.

Room Tip: Royal service rooms are closest to the beach
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon the first week of July 2014. We had the Royal Service package with a butler. The service and property were amazing. Our butler, Johnfi Rivera was hands down the best at the resort. I would highly recommend Johnfi as your butler. We are planning a return trip next year.

Definately spend the extra for the Royal Service and butler package.

Room Tip: Ocean view was what we had, simply beautiful!
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our first time to Punta Cana. We were looking to relax as we both have stressful jobs. When we first booked, we booked a deluxe suite. When we got to the room, our initial reaction was excited and mainly because we were so excited to just be done traveling and start vacation already. However, we realized we were not feeling our room after the initial excitement passed. We decided to upgrade our room and please let me say… This decision was a GAME CHANGER. We upgraded to Royal Services. Master King, room 1098. Super close to the private royal service pool and private access to the beach. Which was perfect considering it felt like 90 everyday. When upgrading to RS, you also receive a butler to accommodate your stay. Our butler, Yohelvi Aracena was fantastic. He picked up on our much needed relaxing vacation and was very respectful of that. Planned all of our dinners, was kind to draw a romantic bath and did something very special for us on our anniversary. Also helped us when it was time to head to the airport to arrange everything. For being a picky eater, the food was pretty good. Palazzo was our spot for breakfast. I really enjoyed the hibachi night. Internet didn't really work in the rooms but in RS Lobby it worked no problem. Beaches were beautiful, had fresh juice everyday on the beach. Overall for being an all inclusive… Paradisus Palma Real hit the spot. Wouldn't change a thing and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Royal Service is the way to go.
3  Thank Nicole F
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great resort! Clean and accommodating. We added the Royal Service package to our stay and it was definitely worth it. Our butler, Elvis Hidalgo, made the stay even more enjoyable and was able to accommodate every request. I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: I would choose royal service. worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple