Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$242
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$324
$281
Bookit.com
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$136
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$314
$633
TripAdvisor
11,995 results
All reviewsroyal servicemarket grillthe reservegabi beachfrancisco cabrerapalazzo restaurantdinner reservationsleonardo motasunset barnaos buffetblue agaveyhi spaavenue barchocolate covered strawberriespersonal butlerbali bedsbutler service
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I visited Paradisus Palma Real in June of 2013 and let me just say it was absolutely great. I am a very low maintenance individual and even traveling alone everyone was extremely friendly. Absolutely get the Royal Service as just getting into restaurants is worth it, but Tony my butler was great despite having to wait on several groups other than myself. I eat all over the world and the food is better than any all inclusive I have been to so don't be scared away by any negative comments. Berenice America and Alexander Guzman were there every day at Palazzo taking caring of me, learning my name, and exactly my favorites. And the dinner at Passion is so well worth the up charge. Great selection of food and the service was managed perfectly. Laura Castillo and Luis Rubio really took care to give me a in depth view of the dishes as well as some of the details that made the meal exceptional. Some people weren't happy because cable wasn't working perfectly in their room... You are on a beautiful resort, the Royal lounge has great WIFI and TV, and those bothered were usually with someone else so just keep that in mind. I enjoyed my stay so much that I am bringing my now fiancé to get married at the resort in a couple of months. They earned my trust and look forward to a wonderful second trip! My only request would be that the Royal guests get the pre trip email to coordinate the reservations and requests ahead of time...look forward to seeing the staff with my future bride!

Room Tip: Royal Service Garden View...great way to enjoy top notch service and the suites are just wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Russell C
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our butler Fermin Angelo was spectacular and booked all of our dinner reservations and fun for the week. They have a dive shop there, where they arranged for us to tour Catalina Island and do 2 dives. Definitely would do it again. We upgraded to Royal Service instead of our room, and still had a large room with separate dining area. We signed up for an extra dinner at Passion which was really good food with multiple courses.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyginger18
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Palma Real was selected by my friends and I as this year's vacation destination. When traveling, I love to enjoy the local cuisine and take in all the sights. All-inclusive resorts were not my first option, so I was tentative about this location. My mind has changed.

The property and accommodations are amazing, and beautiful. There are plenty of areas to enjoy coffee in the morning, and afternoon book, and drinks in the evening. The rooms are comfortable, and well taken care of by the staff. My room was cleaned daily, and prepared for my weary body when I decided to go to bed. I could go on about the property, but the photos really do it justice.

If you are selective about what you eat, you might have a difficult time with the food. I live in Chicago, a foodie mecca, so I found the dining options challenging. The food is fine, and abundant. I was tired of the menu towards the end, but satisfied with the options.

If you regularly drink craft beers, wines from Wine Enthusiast, and buy tickets to your next dinner, then you're going to have a difficult time with the libation options. I'm lucky to have a native Spanish speaker, and I make every attempt at speaking Spanish, so ordering from the bar is significantly easier (this is true for food too). The lobby bar offers a few extra beers, and some well crafted drinks by the an award winning bartender (Mario???). The other bars offer drinks based on the venue, so don't expect to order a Tiki Tiki at the cocktail bar. They have all the basic options, so do your homework and make sure you know what to order. I think using good judgement when ordering like you were at a wedding is good advice.

I have some special shout outs for some of the staff -

Ramón - he's the poolside bartender, and definitely one of the best bartenders on staff. He's got game both behind the bar and around the pool with fantastic drink balancing routines. The hotel should take notice of his skills, and make it part of the training program.

"Big Mac" - he's one of the entertainment staff, and comparing him to the energizer bunny would not do him justice. This guy goes a mile-a-minute, and delivers customer service without blinking an eye. You can't miss him, and shouldn't before you leave the hotel.

The hotel will push their vacation club during your visit, and it's up to you if and when you attend their informational meeting. We turned it down right away, which may have affected our reservations for some of the restaurants during our visit. We recommend the hotel staff gauging the customer and giving them the choice of if and when to learn more about the vacation club. Hard selling is never going to fly when someone has just arrived from the airport.

Overall, my friends and I had a great time at this hotel, and given the option would return here for our next visit to Punta Cana. I appreciate all the people that work here, and wish them all the best.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Skip the up charge on rooms since you're never going to spend much time in them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Garret S
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The pictures of the rooms on the website don't exactly match with what you get. The rooms were adequate. The tv was antiquated. They also push the buffets on you after bragging about the wonderful restaurants on the premises. They also have up charges at 2 of the restaurants which you don't know about until you are ready to book a reservation. Be persistent about getting a dinner reservation otherwise you will be on the buffet lines each night. The kicker is, the restaurants are not even busy. Once you get in one, you will have a fairly good meal.

The beach, pool and common areas are very beautiful. The weather is fantastic. The service at breakfast was excellent--all others, including the bars are S L O W--they call it Dominican Time. They are not in a hurry and you will wait.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
4  Thank Colleen_Z235
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Colleen,

Thank you for selecting us to celebrate your vacation, as well as for sharing the impressions of your recent stay with us.

It saddens us to know that we were not able to exceed your expectations regarding service and restaurant reservations. I assure you, that the managers of the various departments involved have been informed of your particular observations, and that appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible in order not to repeat the situation you described. On the other hand, I must point out that the information regarding which restaurants are not included is provided at the check in or by any of our staff.

Our team will be more than glad to have the opportunity to welcome you again in order to change your perception of our hotel and to ensure you will have a memorable experience.

Sincerely yours,

Rafael Torres
Managing Director
Paradisus Resorts DR

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our trip March 2014 to the Paradisus Palma Real was great! The people were pleasant and helpful. Best in a long time. Two critisisms: The power kept going out in our room and not being able to make reservations in restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family