“A perfect tropical get away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #13 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“A perfect tropical get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I just spent a week at Paradisus Palma Real. We stayed in the Royal Service area of the resort, which was fantastic. The room was very large and well appointed. The staff at the resort were as nice as the location. Our butler Fermin made our stay spectacular. our bartender Leonardo Mota was perpetually enthusiastic and made some great drinks. Ramon Cordero and "Super Billy" took care of us each day on the beach.

Room Tip: Royal Service is great for couples. The Reserve area is great for families.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Matt C,

I am glad to know that you and your wife had a fantastic stay in our property. I am also pleased to learn that you have enjoyed our Royal Service facilities.

Thank you for your compliments to our staff, especially to Billy, Leonardo Mota, Ramon Cordero and Fermin. I will gladly pass your comments to them.

Once more, thank you for extending us your valuable comments. I am looking forward to welcome you back at your second home; Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,991)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a terrific time at Palma Real. The Resort was beautiful, the beach amazing. Although the quality of the food could have been better, the whole experience was wonderful. We paid extra for the Royal Service and that was a very good decision. It made our vacation. Our butler, Bayron, did everything he could to add to our vacation enjoyment. We were provided with a phone to call him if we needed anything. We never had to use it because he anticipated our every need. He was constantly bringing us both food and drink or escorting us to events that he thought we might enjoy. Next time we visit this resort we will certainly insist upon being assigned Bayron. Also, I would like to thank Francisco, the beach concierge. He was also very helpful to us in every imaginable way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 922Default
Dear Guest,

At Paradisus Palma Real our devoutness is to provide quality service level beyond our guests’ expectation.

I am glad to know that you had a wonderful stay, and that enjoyed our Royal Service section of the hotel.

Thank you for your compliments to the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by Bayron and Francisco. We are aware that it is thanks to our great team that we can accomplish our goal, the total guests’ satisfaction.

Our team will be more than glad to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The facilities are beautiful and well kept. The staff are ALL friendly... "hola, que pasa" with big smiles on their faces. They truly appreciate having you there. The food is good during the day, much better if you get a reservation in one of the restaurants. You generally can't get into a restaurant without a reservation (even if they aren't very busy).
The pool is great for couples and families. The swim-up bar is also great for adults and kids. The bartenders are fun and nice to the kids that come up for a virgin daquiri and a bag of chips. I found that if you tip the bartenders they will remember you when they get busy.
The beach is definitely the best beach we've enjoyed. A short walk up the beach, however, will lead you into a gauntlet of local salespeople asking if you want a massage, or to parasail, or to see their shop.
We went to Gabi for dinner and had a very good meal. We also ate at Aqua (at the Reserve) and had an excellent meal with truly outstanding service.
If you are a wine connoisseur, look out! The house wine is Gato Negro ($4.00 at Trader Joes) and the wine for purchase selection is very pricey (roughly $45-300).
Our room was a basic jr deluxe, and it was great. We looked at the other room types and didn't see the value. I mean, truly, it's an all-inclusive do you really need a kitchen? I can't speak to the butler service, but the pool and beach ammenities for the VIPs wasn't really any different than the general beach and pool, maybe a few more day beds.
We went on the free snorkel trip. It isn't run by the resort, but it's right next door. We could definitely tell we were 'off the reservation'. They weren't quite as friendly and I'm not confident that if we weren't paying close attention, that we wouldn't be finding another boat to bring us back. Our "captain" was seriously distracted. Maybe he just had a bad day :)
Overall, we absolutely loved Palma Real and have already booked another trip in June!

Room Tip: We read reviews on musty 1st floor rooms. We were on the 1st floor and mayyybe is was a little must...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Crestwood, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Palma Real in October of last year and everything about the trip was awesome. The entire resort is so beautiful and the Dominican Republic is a gorgeous country. We were there for my daughter's 4th birthday and they did everything the could to make it memorable for us, our concierge, Edgar, was very accommodating. Even went as far as taking pictures of us altogether on the beach, ordering a cake for our daughter's birthday and giving her a present at the end of our trip! Awesome guy and really made our stay at the hotel special, we will be back to DR just to see Edgar.

Stayed October 2013
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Evan,

Thank you for selecting us to celebrate such a special occasion, your daughter´s 4th birthday. As a service oriented company our devoutness is to provide quality service beyond our guests´ expectations.

I am pleased to learn that you and you family have had a wonderful stay in our property. Thank you for your compliments to our hotel and to this beautiful country.

I am glad to know that you have appreciated the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by Edgar, your concierge. You may rest assure that I took good notes of your observations.

Our team will be more than glad to welcome you and your family at your second home; Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our first family vacation to the Caribbean and our first ever visit to an "all inclusive". Having heard stories of the typical all inclusive, I must say I was reluctant to book the trip. Upon the moment of arrival at the Paradisus Palma Real, my apprehension vanished as we were greeted most courteously and surrounded by the beautiful architecture of the lobby opening onto a spacious courtyard overlooking the beach and ocean. From that moment on, it was clear this place is not the stereotypical all inclusive. The food was excellent, facilities were beautiful, clean and well maintained, the evening performances and live music were amazing.

However our most enjoyable experiences were interactions with the staff. They were GREAT! We looked forward each morning the being greeted at breakfast by Juan Bautista's warm smile. He was so happy we were enjoying our experience. Gabi beach was very relaxing and George was most courteous and helpful everyday. We spent hours playing beach volleyball, zoomba classes, dance classes, kick boxing.....I was most impressed with the instructors who were all extremely hard working and most welcoming. Leo and Rachel were amazingly talented dancers who did a wonderful job teaching salsa and bachata. Yubi and Famel did not hesitate to find us during the live music nights and pull us onto the dance floor and help us with our dance steps learned earlier that day. I must also extend special thanks to Wilfredo, Francisco and "Big Mac". These guys added an unforgettable element to the trip. Dancers, athletes, entertainers, comedians...helped us dance, play and made us laugh. WOW these guys were awesome!

The Paradisus Palma Real exceeded our expectations in every respect. We look forward to coming back next year. Thank you for an unforgettable family experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Nothing about this trip was relaxing. Asked for quiet room and got a room facing neighboring hotel that played music till 3am. Had to move rooms 3 times to get one that was somewhat quiet. My wife left a dress in a closet when we had to pack up after the drunken couple in the adjoining room next door would not keep quiet. That dress was never seen again. House cleaning did not come clean the room another day even after I called 3 times to have them come. Was never given a reason as to why. All the rooms are filled with mosquitos. The free internet in the rooms was broken for 3 days. Every time I called front desk I got the same answer...someone will come fix it right away. It was never fixed. My wife cut her foot playing volleyball from a knife buried in the sand. The beach was not cleaned properly after a dinner event.
I arrived on a Wednesday and could only get dinner reservations to eat at 9:30pm for the next few nights. I told them I eat early and want to eat at 6 when everything opens. They told me to come back everyday at 3 and ask. I think they just want tips. Each night I walked by the restaurants and saw 2-3 tables full at 6. After complaining to almost everyone, I finally asked for the manager of the entire resort. If you pay extra money you get to see him right away I found out. Domingo tried to make things right and even drove my wife and I to the airport when our tour company never called us to arrange our prepaid transfer back to airport. Entire trip was one stress after another. We stayed at the Iberostar the year before. Rooms were much cleaner and place was much newer. Reason we changed was their food was horrible. Not sure what to do next....

Room Tip: If you choose...make sure you ask for Domingo Beltre if you have any issues. honestly he is the onl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ireactivate
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I am not a "review" type of person, maybe because I'm easy to please! I can't leave Paradisus Palma Real without saying to those who think they are Michelin reviewers, and write a novel about how terrible the food and service was while staying here! Stay home and whine!! Paradisus is by far the best there is in the DR!! The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly.(Notable mentions-- Felix de la Cruz, Alexi(chef), Franklin de Salas(waiter), Ramon Fuego (wet) bartender, Cristian Castro(waiter) and so on!! I'm here for a week with my family through an RCI exchange! My home resort is ORANGE LAKE in Kissemme, Fl. I'm a 16 year owner(the premier time share in the US) I've exchanged dozens of times all over the world(Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Malta etc)! Paradisus is the one and only resort that can compare to Orange Lake!! World class all the way!! To those who may think they are expert reviewers. Stay home, eat your chicken nuggets, mac'n cheese! You are in the bottom 1/2 of 1% that can never be pleased!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ascerri
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about stay in our property. As a service oriented company our devoutness is to provide quality service beyond our guests´ expectations.

I am glad to learn that you have appreciated the friendliness and dedication demonstrated from our staff, especially from Felix de la Cruz, Alexis, Cristian Castro, Ramon Fuego and Franklin de Salas. I will gladly pass your comments to them.

Thank you for selecting our hotel and for extending us your valuable comments.