Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Service at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)
View Hotel
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
  • Breakfast included
Now Garden Punta Cana(Bavaro)
View Hotel
NH Punta Cana(Punta Cana)
11,866 results
All reviewsroyal servicemarket grillthe reservegabi beachfrancisco cabrerapalazzo restaurantdinner reservationsleonardo motasunset barnaos buffetblue agaveyhi spaavenue barchocolate covered strawberriespersonal butlerbali bedsbutler service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This Resort I cannot say enough good about it. From the minute we arrive and Patricia takes care of us as far as checking in, planning our reservations and just welcoming us. Once to our rooms you can only hope you have Franklin Sosa as your room service person. So helpful and always prompt.

Head to the Beach and Pool area absolutely immaculate. Gabriel Dalusma was so attentive to what our needs and likes were from beach in the am and pool in the pm, getting us sand lounges everyday and remembering our favorite beverages. He also knew enough to give space for privacy and alone time.

I love the fact that there are so many restaurants here and I am a fussy eater and always so much for me to choose from. My husband is just constantly eating.

The only disappointment this year was Passions Restaurant. Last year we ate there and it was fantastic so we decided to try it again. The food was not good. Their attenton to service was good but not the food. This was not good since you do pay extra for that Restaurant

I will definitely be back for trip number 6

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ann Marie L
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Ann Marie,

I feel highly honored to know that you and your husband enjoyed our services and facilities. I would like to thank you for your compliments to Patricia, Franklin Sosa and Gabriel Dalusma; they are big assets of Paradisus Palma Real resort.

I regret not fulfilling your expectation regarding the food at our author cuisine Passion by Martin Berasategui restaurant. I must say that in general our guests perceive this restaurant as excellent.

We await you soon at your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

One of my customers hosts an annual meeting every year. We've been to Jamaica twice, Puerto Rico twice and Cabo once. This was our first trip to Punta Cana and the Paradisus resort. We had the Royal Service package which gave us our own "butler" who tended to our every need. Eduard Mendez was very good and attentive to whatever we wanted. The overall accommodations of the resort were the best of any Carribean resort that we've been to and the beach was the best we've ever seen. The only negatives I have to report is that the internet service was very poor and I only got a signal about 1/2 of the time. Despite being "somewhere warm" the work doesn't stop and I needed to periodically check in on the job and that was hard to do. The only other complaint is the overall food quality was average at best. It wasn't bad, but at a 5 Star resort we expected excellent food. Our meal at the Palazzo was the best of the week, but the portions were extremely small so everyone at our table ended up ordering two entrees to fill us up. None of our other meals were anything to brag about.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Matt Renee,

I feel highly honored to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities. I would like to thank you for your compliments to Eduard Mendez; he is a big asset of Paradisus Palma Real resort.

I truly lament any inconvenience you may have encountered regarding the internet services. We do have internet available in our areas. Nontheless, we are continuously working on solving and preventing the situation you described.

We await you soon at this tropical paradise.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Paradisus Palma Real is one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever been to. Everyone is friendly and helpful and they all make you feel very important. The food is great and everything is clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend this resort. This was my second time there and it was even better than the first. I would definitely go back!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Susan,

I would like to thank you selecting us for the second time and for posting such a wonderful review about your recent stay.

I appreciate your comments about the food and the cleanliness of our facilities.

Once more thank you for recommending us, we await you soon for a next wonderful experience.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This resort is beautiful!
What I look for in a vacation in the sunny south is specific!
I want a place that is safe, clean, modern looking with good food, good staff, nice beach and NOT to be bothered with sales pitches!

At the Paradisus Palma Real, I got everything within my criteria except the part of being bothered by the sales pitches.
I'll speak to the part I disliked first so I can on with the good parts at the end.

When we checked in, we were greeted at the reception area by the check in staff. They sat us in comfortable couches and ensured that we felt welcomed. After being escorted to our room by the porter, we decided to walk around and check the place out and have a bite to eat. That's when we were approached by an individual claiming to be our "special concierge". This person said that he would make our dinner reservations for us for the week. He sat with us and explained the a la carte restaurants to us and we made our selections with the times we would like to eat. We chose 7:30 PM as our times. After we went through this exercise, the other shoe dropped. He went on to explain that in order for him to be employed at the resort, he needed to recruit us to take part in a presentation to become a "member" of the Melia Club. We told this person that we were not interested in "time shares" and he assured us that it was not a time share an that the whole presentation would be ninety minutes. Although we didn't want to go, we went so this person can get his points! Later on we received our dinner schedule to the restaurants we chose but the seatings were mostly at 8;30 and 9:00 PM. We were not happy with that and when we saw the "special concierge" the next day, we told him that we weren't happy with the times of our seatings, he said that he would fix it for us. We ended up making our own arrangements for supper as his attentiveness changed once we attended the "club membership" meeting and of course we declined joining. He was working on it but would not be able to make the changes until after three o'clock on a daily basis for each restaurant. It's funny how they can make the reservations for the week in a matter of a few hours but changes were done on a daily basis near the end of the day on the day of the reservation. So now my calm worry free vacation started to become not some worry free. We had to spend our days worrying if we were going to get to eat when we wanted. When asked if there was a dance bar at the resort, he said that there wasn't one but he could arrange for us to go to one in town for $60 per person.
Then we hear from other guests that there in fact is a dance bar at the resort.
So my point I'm trying to make here is if you're not interested in getting a "club membership", when the "special concierge" approaches you, stick to your guns and don't feel guilty for not helping him/her out. At the end of the day my stay would have been more enjoyable!
I would have made my own dinner reservations and could actually relax as I intended on doing.
If not for that sales pitch I would have given them an "Excellent" rating.

Now for the good part of the trip.
My expectations with the cleanliness of the resort, attentiveness to needs by the staff were satisfied and even exceeded! Other people spoke of Ramon "fuego" and Luis at the pool bar. These guys are awesome! They're entertaining and friendly! Ramon has a the ability to carry a bottle of booze on his head as he walks or crawls along the bar. Be wary of that elixir called Mamaguana. it has a funny way of sneaking up on you!

We had some issues with the room but they had someone at our door within ten minutes to address it!

Visually, this place is awesome. The view from the lobby overlooking the ocean is very impressive! The resort itself is very well maintained and kept exceptionally clean.
Top shelf booze is readily available at most bars and the service exceptional.
The restaurants we ate at were all very good with the favourites being VENTO, BANA JAPANESE GRILL and the Market Grill for supper.

There are lots of lawn chairs at the beach and around the pools but, as with most resorts, get there early if you're picky of where you want to sit.

The entertainment is very good.
There is a small casino at the resort with slots, roulette and some tables.

All in all this resort was great and it can be great for you also if you don't get sucked in by believing that the "special concierge" is there for you!

1  Thank Love2TravelOttawa

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please accept our gratitude for you having taken the time to air your comments about your recent stay with us. As a service oriented company our main priority is the total satisfaction of our guest. I regret any inconvenience you may have encountered regarding the special concierge services. You may rest assure immediate measures will be taken in order not to repeat this situation. I would like to clarify that this is not in way representative of our overall service.

I truly appreciate your compliments to our facilities and staff. I will personally pass on your comment to Luis and Ramon "fuego".

We await you soon at your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We traveled to Paradisus Real on January 13, 2014 and stayed through January 19, 2014. We opted for the Royal Service upgrade, and personally if you are traveling without kids (we left ours at home :)!), it is the ONLY way to go! From the check in to the butler Service we could not have been treated better. Right off the van from the airport, we were welcomed and escorted to a 'private' check in area for only Royal Service guests! Once there they had cold towels and the drinks waiting! Our luggage was taken directly to our room, which happened to be in the 1100 building which is right by the beach! We were met by our Butler, Jose Salvador, who gave us a tour of the property and showed us to our room. From there he made all of our dinner reservations and asked if we had any special wishes. He prepared a Jacuzzi bath with candles, flowers, and champagne nightly and even surprised us with a beautiful anniversary cake! Our favorite bartender was Leo! He was so welcoming and always smiling! He brightened our day daily! Super Billy and Francisco were so awesome! Francisco always made sure our bed was ready for the day! We did 2 excursions on the trip. One a Dune Buggy tour (not worth it). We basically went to three places in which we were 'trapped' and pushed to purchase items. We also did a snorkeling trip in which we enjoyed. Once again, in both you are “encouraged” to purchase a DVD/photo cd of your trip. We did purchase the one from the snorkel trip. It was a fun excursion. In all honesty, we could have stayed at the resort and be very content. There are always activities and shows going on. We will be back~ January 2015! Counting the days!

Room Tip: The Royal Service rooms are quiet. Ours was on the first floor with a garden view. Ask to be in a building close to the beach, it is a large resort.
1  Thank Jennifer P

Dear Jennifer P,

At Paradisus Palma Real resort our devotedness is to provide the highest quality service level beyond our guest expectations, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed yours.

I appreciate your mention about the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by our staff, especially Billy, Francisco, Leonardo and Jose Salvador. It is thanks to our great team that we can achieve our goal- the total guests’ satisfaction.

I am looking forward to welcome you back for a next amazing experience in January 2015.