Pros- Super Billy Levons was awesome as a beach attendant. He had us set up every day and checked with us frequently to see how we were doing. The beach and complex are beautiful. Rooms are large (see cons below) Entertainment was okay. Transportation to and from the airport is easy.
Cons- We paid extra for the Royal Service which is worth it due to the "private beach and pool" and the beach attendant. Our Butler, Sandy Gil, was only moderately helpful. We assumed that the butler would be the key to Royal Service. He was condescending to my wife from the beginning sarcastically saying "comprende" to her during our iniitial meeting. Unknown to him she is Spanish speaking and did not appreciate this. He did help us some but not enough to justify paying extra. We could have done what he did for us ourselves.
Restaurant reservations are a joke. You cannot get decent times even with Royal Service. Often we would show up and not be on their list and the restaurant was 25-50% full and we would not be seated without a hassle. There is some controversy as to whether you can make reservations before arriving.
2 of our 3 rooms initially were on the ground floor next to a service entrance and the noise was very loud beginning each morning between 6 and 7. After two nights we requested to be moved and we were given rooms on the third floor which were much quieter.
Bathrooms are odd for a luxury resort. There is no privacy as the bathroom is separated from the room with shutters ( no wall). There was opaque glass doors for the toilet and shower but no privacy or sound barrier is present.
Food was average. Buffets were just that, buffets. We at breakfast and lunch at Naos. Dinner portions were very small for the most part.
I would be cautious about any review giving 5 stars as I do not believe this is a five star operation. With that in mind, we did have a great time with our 3 adult sons. Trips like this are what you make out of them and quality time with family is very important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana