“brilliant resort”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My friend and I only stayed here for 4 days but we had the most relaxing time, the weather was fantastic, sometimes too hot for me. The beaches are white sand and blue waters. The beach service was exceptional and we had wonderful service from our waiter (unfortunately I have forgotten his name) but really they were all great and very helpful and friendly. Would recommend the cocktails and fruit juices.

The restaurants were great serving delicious food and the variety to choose from was brilliant. Our waiter Luis de Aza was charming and looked after exceptionally well and fortunately he was at most of the restaurant we visited so our service was just perfect.. hats off to him.

We will certainly go again as the people, atmosphere and beauty of the place are recommendable & forgetful.

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms with balcony for the view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monica W
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Monica W,

It is an honor to hear that we have surpassed your expectations and that our staff, service and facilities were what you were looking for.

We will be expecting your next visit; we assure you that you will repeat a memorable and unforgettable experience.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Write a ReviewReviews (11,620)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We loved our stay at the Paradisius Palma Real resort in the Dominican Republic. The beaches were magnificent and the service was superb. There were plenty of restaurants and activities to enjoy. We met some great people vacationing at the resort that we will stay in touch with.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Sunil,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our beaches, restaurants, activities and the exceptional service you have from our staff.

Our team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back to this paradise.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The facilities are beautiful & clean. Internet & hair dryer did not work. Room not serviced everyday. No pool towels in room each day or available at pool. At checkout, they miscalculated my bill by double- after 30 minutes it was finally rectified!! Grrr... Would not stay again...

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tami H,

I am most disturbed to hear about the situations described. Please allow me to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you may have endured.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to inform us of your feedback. It is only by receiving this kind of criticism that we are able to see exactly where improvements should be done in our hotels, and consequently, enable to us to take the necessary steps to ensure that our company continues to maintain its position.

I truly hope that these situations does not deter you from give us the opportunity to hosting you again at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I decided to do a destination wedding at an all inclusive resort. After a lot of research we decided to get married at the Paradisus Palma Real. I was hesitant about the whole process at first. It seemed like I was talking to so many different people (i.e. Romance Planner, Decorator, Spa Manager, Photographer, Room Reservation Coordinator) and I felt a little unorganized. As we approached the event, everything came together. I guess they don't like to plan too far out in advance because bride's tend to change their mind too much (ha!, I don't blame them). I didn't actually feel 100% confident in everything until I arrived at the resort. It is absolutely amazing. The pictures don't do it justice. I had 50 guests with my wedding party and they all said it was the most beautiful resort they have ever been to.

The day after I arrived I met with my wedding planner, Claribel De Los Santos. After going through a detailed run of the event I was confident with my decision and I knew everything would turn out amazing. And it did. Claribel was very organized and detail oriented. She was also easy to work with (even on the day of the wedding when tensions were running very high!) I couldn't have asked for a better experience. She not only helped me with every step of the wedding, but she also helped me find a babysitter during the wedding when my little girl wanted to go to bed. She also gave me a pep talk after a rude comment from my mother in law ;) THANKS SO MUCH CLARIBEL!!! The decorations turned out beautiful too. I went with the chill out chic package and loved everything about it. It was simple and elegant. The DJ was also amazing! He kept everyone on the dancefloor for the whole reception.

I am also in love with my wedding pictures! We went with the Paradisus preferred photography company, Arrecife (I think they just changed their name to Tropic One). They did such a great job, I couldn't be happier.

I had made arrangements for myself and my bridesmaids to get hair/makeup done through the SPA. Everyones hair turned out amazing. They went very heavy on my makeup for the trial so I ended up doing most of it myself, except my eyes and fake eyelashes. But everything else the spa had to offer, massages and the water treatment was amazing. Best massage ive ever had!

While most of my guests stayed at the Palma Real, my husband and I stayed at the Reserve. It was so beautiful. After talking with some of my guests it seemed like they offer more guest services to the people staying at the Reserve. Dalmy De La Rosa helped us with our dinner reservations every night and she was also our point person if we had any questions about anything. She was such a delight! Since we have an 8 month old we pretty much got a babysitter through the hotel almost every night. At first I was a little skeptical about it but quickly realized it was well worth it. The girls are so sweet and you feel comfortable leaving your children with them.

If you plan on having your destination wedding here I recommend it 100%. The romance department really knows what they are doing. They have about 2 weddings every week so rest assured! My only tip is if you are shipping things/decorations to Punta Cana, send them a minimum of a month in advance. I sent my belongings exactly a month before my wedding and they didn't arrive until the week of my wedding. It takes a while for everything to go through customs.

Thank you to Claribel, Rihanna (look a like, sorry I don't remember your name!) and all the girls at the Romance department!! You guys made my wedding the best day ever!!!!

Dear Alyssa K,

Foremost I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the destination to celebrate such special and unique occasion, your wedding. I am happy to hear that this is going to be a memory that will last forever.

It is thanks to staff members such as Claribel and Dalmy that we managed to create unforgettable moments…

Your comments are of the utmost importance to us and we hope to have the pleasure in hosting your first anniversary at this your home in Punta Cana.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This resort takes "all inclusive" to a new level. There is no reason to leave since every wish is granted. Treat yourself to a bubble bath staged by your butler, or savor a memorable dinner crafted by a Michelin chef.
Don't bother with those free cell phones to contact your butler though. They rarely work except out by the main pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Paradisus Palma Real. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The resort was relaxing and comfortable. We purchased the Royal Service package and were assigned a butler, Augustin Nunez who was so attentive and professional; he took care of all of our needs (dinner reservations, tennis reservations, travels back to the airport, and anything else we needed). The food at the Palazzo was excellent as was the wait staff, especially Yudelka who was so friendly and attentive. The yoga classes were excellent lead by Angel; the gyms were well equipped. Entertainment in the evening was fantastic, especially the dance lessons with Angel. The only room for improvement was transportation to the Reserve (spa treatments). They could use more golf carts to get you back and forth. Otherwise, would recommend Paradisus for a vacation to relax and indulge. Internet service spotty but on vacation I really didn't need to be "in touch" but for those who need this service, there is service in the main lobby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Joanne B,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful vacation with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about the exceptional service you have received from some staff members. I will personally pass on your comments.

I appreciate all your valuable observations.

We look forward your next visit. The paradise waits for you!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have stayed at two other Paradisus' locations and have not been disappointed. The grounds are immaculate and the restaurants are top-notch. The fitness center is equipped with state of the art workout machines and staffed by qualified trainers who provide you with a fresh towel and a cold bottle of water. The water is not purified for drinking but the housekeeping service and beverage carts provide enough bottled water for patrons usage. The showers are a bit different and take time to get used to-too many different jets in various locations. Our bed was turned down each night and a piece of chocolate was provided. The housekeeping service had our room serviced before 11:00 AM everyday. There are ample amounts of lounge chairs and shaded areas by the pool and on the beach. The pool bar is staffed by very congenial and personable servers-Luis and Jose are the BEST!!! The resort is in walking distance to the Mall and the Melia Caribe resort. For those who wish to get shuttled there is transportation available to and fro. Wonderful resort!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions on this trip.

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction with the excellent service provided by Luis and Jose during your stay.

I look forward to have the opportunity to host you again soon at this, your second home.