“Beautiful resort, people and beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #13 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Beautiful resort, people and beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were lucky to spend 6 days at this resort. Our butler, Carmen, was amazing and made our trip so perfect - responding immediately to our needs. She was super friendly and made sure we were comfortable and happy at all times. The food wasn't fabulous...but it was fresh and beautiful. The Chi Spa was amazing and the spa treatments (skip the manicure and pedicure - not very good).

Room Tip: Do the Royal Service...it is the only way!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Shannon A,

Thank you a lot for taking some of your valuable time to share with us the impressions about your recent stay. We are happy to learn you had beautiful memories of your vacation.

Please rest assured that your observations related with or food and spa services were taken with the utmost importance in order to improve the quality of our product.

I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,991)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We and my wife celebrated our honeymoon and I must say we had a wonderful time. We opted for the royal service package which included our own personal butler who was at our beacon call with a cell phone that we used whenever we needed anything.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Biglouis3
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend you my gratitude for selecting us to celebrate such special occasion, your honeymoon. As well as for sharing the impressions of your recent stay.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a great stay with us so I will be expecting your next visit.

Best regards,

Somers, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent 10 days in paradise the end of September into early October. We had an amazing time. From the time of check- in to the time of departure the staff went out of their way to please you with such friendly service, they make you feel so special. We got to experience the Royal Service as well as the Vacation Club. We enjoyed the new additions and changes to the menus at the restaurants.The new Avenue Bar located in the Plaza Colonial is a nice place to relax with family, friends or other vacationers and listen to live music and experience one of the many new signature cocktails prepared with expertise by the bartender Roy. We enjoyed the live music especially Miguel from Spain, a guitarist and singer. He interacted with the audience which made it a fun time. We also had a good time dancing at the Red Lounge. There is so much offered during the day that is all included i.e.,many classes and non motorized water sports or you can relax on one of the palapas on the beach or poolside. We enjoyed our couples massage at the YHI Spa and the use of the water rituals. The nightly shows, live music in the Plaza, a beach party on Thursday night at Gabi and the Dominican Night is always fun. There are many excursions offered for a fee that you can sign up at the resort with Blue Travel (Ivan). We enjoyed exploring the area. There is a beautiful golf course and shopping mall at the resort. My husband enjoyed the Lobster night at Naos. For an additonal fee, the dinner and wine pairing at Passion was over the top with white glove service. We look forward to dining there again. Palazzo restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially our waiter Smerlyn. The cuisine is superb, compliments to the chef and staff. Thank you Deivi Eveto for always looking after us with a smile and friendly conversation and for preparing our palapa daily. Michelet Loase, pool bar, for his friendly service. Thank you Antonio, bartender at the Casino Bar, for your friendly service and remembering what we like. I can not say enough about this beautiful resort from the well appointed clean suites and comfortable bed, the beautiful grounds, top notch restaurants, beautiful beach, pools, shows, classes, etc. and especially the staff who make you feel so welcomed. Thank you all for another memorable vacation. Compliments to Management for making the above all happen.

Room Tip: One Bedroom Master Suite on third floor with views from balcony of the sea, beach, pool and gardens.
2 Thank glegler777
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction on this trip. I am also delighted to know that my staff went above and beyond to make sure you were completely happy.

Exceeding expectations of our guest and offer truly memorable experiences is our commitment and I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal. Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided by our staff members and for recommending our resort to future travelers to our destination.

We will be delighted in welcoming you back.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My nephew and his bride chose this gorgeous place for their wedding. There were about 25 in our group. I think I speak for everyone who made the trip that it was wonderful. The Resort is beautiful and we never left during our stay there. There are plenty of food and drink options. The pool is top notch. And it has one of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen.

My husband and I had a suite in the Turquoise building. Upon arrival to our room we had a refrigerator stocked with soft drinks, water, and beer. The staff left a plate of fruit and the table looked nice. The suite was spacious and the decor invited you to relax. The cleaning staff came every day and tidied up. And the last night of our stay, they put rose petals on the bed, the whirlpool tub and the sink. So romantic.

We tried several of the restaurants on site. We ate at Bana the asian restaurant the first night. We had a really big party but they took good care of us. Carlito in the bar area was great! He knows how to mix a good drink. Wesley was our served in the dining room. He suggested we do the sampler menu. We got a lot of food to try. Presentation was nice and the food was delicious. Loved the Shrimp Ceviche'.

We chose to eat our breakfasts at Naos. It was a buffet type deal. We had fresh fruits, breads, cheeses, and meats every day. There was an omelet station with lots to choose from. The staff there were terrific. We had 1st class service from Luis De Aza, Jonathan Ayres and Wilson. Never an empty coffee cup, water or juice glass. They are the best. You can also eat lunch here. Again it is buffet. We did that once and had pizza. Yummy! We are here again on Lobster Night. Wow! Fresh grilled lobster??!! as much as you want??!! Yes, Please.

We also ate at the Vento restaurant. It was good too. (do i keep repeating myself?) There was a variety of choices for us Beef, Chicken, Salmon, Salads, and oh yes - dessert! I had the Creme Brulee...

Things to do.. drink tropical drinks, play in the casino, swim, dance, sing, have fun.

Now for the reason we made the trip - The Wedding on the Beach. I was so impressed. The wedding was at 5 pm (perfect time of day). A gazebo had been set up on the beach and it was decorated but not overdone. The turquoise blue water in the background was all the decoration that was needed. After the ceremony there was champagne and a "reception" at the Avenue Bar. The resort decorated several tables with cloth and added flowers to make it special for us. The meal was supposed to be served on the patio beside the Avenue but when it appeared there was rain coming they quickly moved the party to a covered area. Food for that meal was exceptional. We ate, and sang and danced for hours.

I hope you will try this beautiful resort. I just want to mention the names of the wonderful people working there that helped us and made us feel special - (and I already mentioned a few but i want to list them again) Luis De Aza, Jonathan Ayres, Wilson, Wesley, Carlito, Jorgelina (at reception/checkin), Billy (on the beach) and of course our wedding planner! You all were great.

Room Tip: I chose the Master Suite - Garden View. It was excellent. You may pay a little more but you get wh...
1 Thank Sandy T
Dear Sandy T,

I would like to extend our gratitude for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your wedding destination as well as for the great review about our Romance team, staff and facilities.

Exceeding expectations and offer a truly exceptional experiences is our commitment and I am proud to hear that we have achieve our goal in our effort to turn your weeding in a unforgettable moment.

We will be expecting to celebrate your first anniversary at this, your home in paradise.

Best regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Paradisus Palma Real and it was nothing but AMAZING. I was very skeptical on allowing my husband to plan our honeymoon but, he picked the right place!!! We cannot wait to go to back!

Not only is the resort absolutely beautiful (yes-the pictures are an accurate representation of this place!)- just breathtaking! But the staff is so kind, helpful, engaging, and fun as well! Our butler set up nightly dinners for us & coordinated many extra activities that we may have no otherwise known about. Francisco Cabrera on the beach is OUTSTANDING. He had a spot reserved for my husband and I everyday on the beach. He also had drinks in hand for us and even remembered what we drank each day! Just OUTSTANDING. You will see him running all up and down the sand there. Truly such a hard worker & so kind. He was a huge part of making our trip so wonderful!

We were also grateful for our romantic & private beach dinner where we served by Oneidy Berroa. Again-amazing service. We could see him running down the beach to get my husband a drink he wanted to compliment our dinner...we were just in awe. Not to mention that the private dinner that this resort will set up with your is very special & just amazing.

The food is great too! I usually think that going to an all-inclusive means the food will just be mediocre. But not here! The seafood is so fresh and cooked to perfection. My husband had one of his most favorite steaks here (and he is picky!). We are certainly foodies and we were impressed with the wide selection of restaurants offered as well as the quality of food!

The rooms are a nice big size & beautiful. The pools are clean and plentiful. We did a spa day which was equally amazing.

We loved this place and cannot wait to go back!! Thank you for an amazing honeymoon Paradisus Palma Real!!!

Room Tip: We got the Royal Service Package..totally recommend it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kayla B
Dear Kayla B,

I would like to thank you for having shared your experience with future travelers

It is a pleasure for me to learn that we have surpassed your expectations. However, it makes me even happier to hear that the kindness of our staff made your stay memorable. Thank you for highlighting the effort and dedication demonstrated by Francisco Cabrera and Oneydi Berroa,.

Please consider Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your second home and we will be waiting your next visit.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Spent a week at this resort and was treated like VIP then entire stay. From check-in to onsite restaurant and bar service, as well as beach service for food/drinks to and from your beach bed, the entire experience was amazing. The resort amenities are second to none; there was no shortage of conveniences right at your fingertips. Our vacation package was the "Royal Service" stay; all inclusive fine dining, personal Butler, and access to all of the property locations. We took the quick golf cart trip over to The Reserve and enjoyed a day at the spa; if the beach is not enough relaxation for you (property offers beach massages via hotel spa, highly recommend) then the 3 minute ride to the adjacent property is totally worth it. The water ritual accompanied by many different types of treatments made our day.

One of the services, that absolutely made our trip even better, is the Hotel offers a personal butler. They take complete care of you; give you a hotel cell phone so you can contact them for immediate attention without having to use your personal phone. If you are able to request a personal butler during your stay and have the Royal Service package, I HIGHLY recommend requesting Nicolas Maracallo. This gentleman is very professional with terrific customer service skills. The friends we traveled with for this vacation are in the hospitality industry and have stayed at resorts all over the world and have come to recognize great customer service, and agreed he was excellent. He understands how to make his guests feel completely at home and absolutely pampered. Terrific communication skills, and was available at all times for us, all the while taking care of a group of 300 people at the same time who were there for an incentive trip from a US based company. This did not stop him from making sure our stay at the Palma Real Paradisus was the best experience we could have possibly hoped for and more. If only we were able to have this type of amazing experience in personal service on every vacation! Very personable, professional, and punctual. We tried to make the most of our stay and planned a lot of activities, and some of the items we wanted to do simply could not have been accomplished without his help.

I will be returning this this resort. It is paradise!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joe G
Dear Joe G,

I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our hotel as the place to spend your recent holiday as well as for having shared your experience.

I am glad to hear that your vacation have been better than you expected and it is clear to me that we have achieved our goal.

Harahan, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was truly a beautiful paradise for us. I have to mention 3 workers who were so unbelievably helpful. Luis Romeriz, not our butler but treated us as if he was, Fish, extremely helpful& so very nice & Ramion, our bartender who was so nice and always had a smile on his face. These three guys were just incredible workers who seemed to enjoy their jobs and enjoyed serving us any way they could. We ate at Palozzo for breakfast & dinner. Breakfast was good but the dinner was excellent. We ate at Gabi Beach, the grilled lobster was excellent. Naos breakfast was just ok. Market grill lunch buffet was very good.This is a first class resort. We were lucky to stay in the Royal Service area of the resort. The hardest part for us was the language barrier, we wish we knew more Spanish to communicate easier with the staff.

Room Tip: Royal Service rooms is perfect if it is just adults. The views were beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dee M
Dear Dee M,

I am glad to hear that your experience surpassed your expectations. Our staff is always attentive in order to fulfill all your needs. With pleasure I will pass on your compliments.

Many thanks for having shared your impressions’ and we look forward to hosting you again in the nearest future.