“Fantastic All Round Experience”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have never come home from a vacation with nothing to complain about - but this time, its totally true. I had a SUPER visit. The location was magical, the accommodations luxurious, the food delectable and the staff so friendly and helpful that I couldn't even imagine how to express my appreciation fully.
I do want to make special mention of Angela Guzman who was my Valet at the Spa and who was particularly warm, helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (11,591)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This all-inclusive resort was absolute paradise! However, stay away from KB Store in Palma Real Shopping Mall. The cashier has a very bad attitude, unwilling to help and unfriendly. Don't waste your time and money in KB Store!!! Otherwise, its a very luxurious resort with modern furnishings and good food. Ariel welcomed us by delivering a fruit platter and champagne to our room. I enjoyed the best meal at Vento Restaurant and the service was exceptional by Hector and Victor. The food at Vento was AWESOME from beginning to end! I also recommend the food at Market Grill Restaurant and our waiter Yoheli was truly attentive. The dance lessons offered by Miguel, Angel and Franciso was so much fun. They made it easy to learn bachata and salsa. Thanks guys for all the laughs and fun in the sun. The highlight of my trip was the YHI Spa. This spa was totally relaxing with beautiful fountains, sauna and Jacuzzis. My masseuse Quintana was excellent and pampered my aching muscles. Alexandra Moto attended to all of our needs while at the spa. Special thanks to Maria for her help while instructing me in Pilates, Yoga and Body Balance. The beach and pool were always clean and staff was consistent with greetings to check if I needed anything. I highly recommend Paradisus Palma Real!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had the best vacation here. We've been to a lot of resorts in different areas in the Caribbean and this is by far the best! We wanted to book our next one to the same place before we even left. The food was amazing and our butler, tony, was so nice and helped us with everything! Do the royal service....... It's worth it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Blake P,

Glad to hear about your compliments on the excellent service provided by your butler Tony during your stay. I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal-your total satisfaction.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again at your home in paradise.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary 4/29-5/3. We had high expectations since we had a fabulous stay in an all inclusive in Cancun for our honeymoon. Upon arrival, we were quickly greeted with mimosas and cold towels. My travel agent was able to get us the VIP member pass which allowed for additional amenities such as a private check in.

Our personal concierge went ahead and booked our dinners for the week at the more popular restaurants - Bana, Vento, Gabby Beach, and the Market Grill. We always had Naos for breakfast and lunch. Then, if we needed a snack, stopped by Market Grill. The food was pretty good at all but keep in mind this is a foreign country and they are catering to thousands of people. You will find things you think are great and some not so much. With all the options, you are bound to find something you like. I think my least favorite was Market Grill's lunches. Everything else was either very good or just okay. I had a curried fish at Bana with a seafood soup. The fish was spicy! Then, I had lamb shank at Vento which was very good! Surf and turf at Gabby Beach which was also pretty good. Finally, a steak at Market Grill. It was okay not bad though. You cannot go wrong at Naos for breakfast and lunch. It is a large buffet so there is something for everyone. I will say skip the scrambled eggs. I stuck to boiled egg or omelet. There fruit, breads, and spreads were great. I really liked the smoked salmon and cream cheese on toast or bagel.

The room was nice and it did take me flooding the bathroom floor to figure out the jets in the shower. I'd skip them as they create more of mess in the bathroom. There are sections not fully sealed so water will leak out. The bed was comfy but I did feel like the sheets may be slightly damp. I really think it is due to the high humidity there not because the linens were damp. It was super hot and humid. Walking to breakfast can break you out in a sweat. Other than that the rooms were nice and the cleaning staff always did a good job.

We also used the Spa services. We ended up at the neighboring Reserve spa. I had a facial and my husband had a massage. It was his first and he enjoyed it. If you can splurge, I would definitely take a trip to the spa.

Now, the negative. The only downfall is the push to Melia Club. Do not get suckered into this unless you make big bank and plan to travel to these resorts multiple times a year. It will not be worth it. It was promised to be a 45 min presentation and ended up being more like 2.5 hrs. They were very nice but they need to be upfront with the cost instead of wasting your time.

Other than that, our experience was great and we enjoyed this resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geisha_gyrl79
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family break from June 28 - July 5 at Paradisus Palma Real was awesome. Here are a listing of our high points / pros, and digging deep I tried to list low points/cons as well.

Pro's:
1. We booked the trip with Sunwing Vacations. All of this went smoothly and as promised.
2. The resort is a short bus trip from the airport. Well organized representatives makes the transfer smooth
3. The room (we had 1BD GARDEN VIEW MASTER SUITE) was well equipped and spacious. It was also close enough to all the amenities and the beach and far enough to have some peace when needed.
4. The resort grounds are very well kept and in pristine condition. The on resort shopping was adequate and not unreasonably priced. A 5-10 minute up or down the beach also provides shopping at the local beach "malls".
5. All the staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
6. The buffet restaurant (NAOS) is great. Some evenings we questioned why we booked at the a la carte restaurants. Speak of which - the restaurant selections were very good. We really enjoyed the Market Grill for lunch and snacks during the day.
7. The pool areas and bars are great. Good service from the bar staff who quickly knew our favorites. The alcohol served are name brands and never watered down.
8.The beach area is really big and spacious with lots of chairs and palm umbrellas. Lots of space for the kids to run and swim. We were fortunate enough to be able to access the club members section.
9. The water sports centre was well equipped and the staff very helpful. I arranged a sailing lesson on the catamaran and the guys got me going in less than 20 minutes. Reservations for the cat's need to be made in advance.
10. The entertainment in the evenings (especially the circus) was very good
11. There is a good selection of excursions.
12. The gym is well equipped and spacious enough for a nice work-out

Con's: and again we had to dig deep to list these.

1. Be aware that there are "Melia vacation club" sales personnel on duty, and they could approach you for the no obligation tour. We went through it, - informative, considered it for a while and made a call not to buy. No harm done.
2. The DVD player in the room required an AV cable to connect and it took some time to get the maintenance team to remedy the matter. A few trips up and down sorted it out. We still had to swap cable between the TV feed and DVD as needed.
3. The kitchen in the 1BD room unit is not equipped with any plates, cutlery or appliances (not that you needed anything) so if you book this room with the intention to use the kitchen for more than just taking drinks out the stocked fridge - be prepared.
4. The water to fill the massive Jacuzzi tub takes long to fill and and at times were not super warm. A call to maintenance seemed to sort that out.
5. We ate at GABI beach restaurant one evening (using our dinner voucher provided after listening to the the "vacation club" pitch). It was good, but I would not go out my way to reserve a table there and pay for a meal there based on the selection at the main resort.
5. If you are an advanced snorkeler - the resort snorkeling trip to the reef at 3pm each day may not satisfy your needs. Its good for beginners.

One suggestion to the resort is to have an orientation person assigned for new guests - just to go over where every thing is and what the program for the week is.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Will V,

Thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the place to spend your recent holidays.

The comments and suggestions of our guest are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and you may rest assured that I took a good note of all your observations.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope that these situations do not deter you from returning in the future. We will be attentive in order to provide a fully enjoyable stay.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just got back from my vacation on September 1st. my brother and I spent a week here because we had a family event next-door at the Melia tropical. I am respectful royal client it RCI and the book this resort for me. I was very astonished when I entered the lobby and it provided me with a gorgeous oceanview. The architect and the structure of the layout was phenomenal and I was very impressed. Because of the language barrier, at the beginning there were some difficult transactions and it took them almost 2 hours to check me in. My first location was far away from the main lobby area with that beautiful view and structure. My location was surrounded by construction and a ridiculous distance from the main core of the resort. My first room needed to be upgraded... And I am not talking about to a royal service, I am referring to the condition of this particular room in such a lavish resort. This is where my character played an important part because I was not going to stay in this beautiful resort, with furnishings that were worn! I immediately contacted the front desk and a representative named Juan did extraordinary job at providing me that same room in the core of the resort. Keep in mind that same room should've been offered to me from the start! My brother and I missed dinner and on Sunday the only restaurants available required reservations. Juan took care of that for us! What are the managers name Daniel offered me and my brother Royal Services in our new room without being in the Royal service area which he gave us that choice also. Those two services were like night and day. We had to pay an extra fee and it was not small at all! What prompt royal service was the simple fact that a Butler from royal service was so incredibly nice to us just passing. His name is Tony and I was extremely impressed with the way that he talked to me and his greeting even though we were and weren't really service, was extraordinary! So we requested that he be our Butler with our upgraded to Royal Services. Tony provided everything to us that we requested. He could fluently speak English and his comprehension of the hotel services and the entire town recommendations were impeccable. I read many reviews about this hotel and all the ratings that were amazing, excellent, and had that wow factor work on point and 150% accurate. Tony made us feel like "FAMILY" he comprehended and was able to relate with us totally, and we really appreciated him! This is a top-of-the-line and high-quality resort from foundation to exquisite foods so the service should always match! I can understand guess not having visitors overnight, but a true promotion can come from selective visitors with a day pass that should not cost $100. How can you possibly promote different forms of business. I had a relative who wanted to take a look into with the place, but I was told that I couldn't have any outside guest without paying $100. That was one thing we absolutely did not agree with or like at all. You have guards that check the bands constantly and they are everywhere... What's the big deal? Moreover, my overall experiences were out of this world and after proactively being involved in settling the dust and moving some mountains, my vacation was beyond "absolutely amazing" the beauty of it is I will be returning and I will be telling everyone what an extraordinary place the Paradisus Palma Real is and to request royal service with Tony because he will make thousands of people tell others by the thousands and they will return just because of his service. I just won't recommend that you upgrade those buildings outside of the main core of the resort, and always give your first time guest royal treatment even without Royal Service. If I was in the person of high standards, I would have left that resort with a bad experience and complaints! This review was straight from the heart and it had to be published. Life is about being happy, loving each other, and providing joy!

Room Tip: Currently, only choose rooms that are located in the main lobby area! Room numbers in the 31000'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Derrick F

Dear Derrick F,

The comments and suggestion of our guest’s are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and I greatly appreciate the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us.

I am glad to hear that your vacation have been better than you expected and it is clear to me that we have achieved our goal. Notwithstanding, your comments on improvement areas will be part of our daily work.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just wanted to say our resort stay was awesome... The resort is absolutely beautiful! Everything about the Paradisus Palma Real was excellent. From the our suite, to the restaurants, to the beautiful beach surrounding it, we loved it all!

I can say we had the best bar tenders at Gabi beach Bar. Thank you Victor and Nelson for making my drink without me asking. They must be friends of Jack (Daniels)!!! They made my stay great. One of the best restaurants at Paradisus is at Gabi beach. Make sure you ask for a table with Santo, he is the best waiter at the hotel. Thank you to Georges for being so attentive and accomodating us on the beach.

At the main pool, I have to stay a special thanks to Ramon. He took care of my kids while we were at the beach... Always filling up their virgin pina coladas and giving them potato chips!!!

Alejandro and Mr. Madrid at the front desk were both awesome!!! Thank you again and VIP was the way to go!!!!

We will Definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jorge P,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you and your family have had a great time.

Thank you for highlighting the attentiveness of Victor, Nelson, Santo, Georges and Ramon.

We will be expecting your next visit for another “happy family vacation”.

Best Regards,