Our family break from June 28 - July 5 at Paradisus Palma Real was awesome. Here are a listing of our high points / pros, and digging deep I tried to list low points/cons as well.
1. We booked the trip with Sunwing Vacations. All of this went smoothly and as promised.
2. The resort is a short bus trip from the airport. Well organized representatives makes the transfer smooth
3. The room (we had 1BD GARDEN VIEW MASTER SUITE) was well equipped and spacious. It was also close enough to all the amenities and the beach and far enough to have some peace when needed.
4. The resort grounds are very well kept and in pristine condition. The on resort shopping was adequate and not unreasonably priced. A 5-10 minute up or down the beach also provides shopping at the local beach "malls".
5. All the staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
6. The buffet restaurant (NAOS) is great. Some evenings we questioned why we booked at the a la carte restaurants. Speak of which - the restaurant selections were very good. We really enjoyed the Market Grill for lunch and snacks during the day.
7. The pool areas and bars are great. Good service from the bar staff who quickly knew our favorites. The alcohol served are name brands and never watered down.
8.The beach area is really big and spacious with lots of chairs and palm umbrellas. Lots of space for the kids to run and swim. We were fortunate enough to be able to access the club members section.
9. The water sports centre was well equipped and the staff very helpful. I arranged a sailing lesson on the catamaran and the guys got me going in less than 20 minutes. Reservations for the cat's need to be made in advance.
10. The entertainment in the evenings (especially the circus) was very good
11. There is a good selection of excursions.
12. The gym is well equipped and spacious enough for a nice work-out
Con's: and again we had to dig deep to list these.
1. Be aware that there are "Melia vacation club" sales personnel on duty, and they could approach you for the no obligation tour. We went through it, - informative, considered it for a while and made a call not to buy. No harm done.
2. The DVD player in the room required an AV cable to connect and it took some time to get the maintenance team to remedy the matter. A few trips up and down sorted it out. We still had to swap cable between the TV feed and DVD as needed.
3. The kitchen in the 1BD room unit is not equipped with any plates, cutlery or appliances (not that you needed anything) so if you book this room with the intention to use the kitchen for more than just taking drinks out the stocked fridge - be prepared.
4. The water to fill the massive Jacuzzi tub takes long to fill and and at times were not super warm. A call to maintenance seemed to sort that out.
5. We ate at GABI beach restaurant one evening (using our dinner voucher provided after listening to the the "vacation club" pitch). It was good, but I would not go out my way to reserve a table there and pay for a meal there based on the selection at the main resort.
5. If you are an advanced snorkeler - the resort snorkeling trip to the reef at 3pm each day may not satisfy your needs. Its good for beginners.
One suggestion to the resort is to have an orientation person assigned for new guests - just to go over where every thing is and what the program for the week is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana