“So good we'd go back there.”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #20 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“So good we'd go back there.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family break from June 28 - July 5 at Paradisus Palma Real was awesome. Here are a listing of our high points / pros, and digging deep I tried to list low points/cons as well.

Pro's:
1. We booked the trip with Sunwing Vacations. All of this went smoothly and as promised.
2. The resort is a short bus trip from the airport. Well organized representatives makes the transfer smooth
3. The room (we had 1BD GARDEN VIEW MASTER SUITE) was well equipped and spacious. It was also close enough to all the amenities and the beach and far enough to have some peace when needed.
4. The resort grounds are very well kept and in pristine condition. The on resort shopping was adequate and not unreasonably priced. A 5-10 minute up or down the beach also provides shopping at the local beach "malls".
5. All the staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
6. The buffet restaurant (NAOS) is great. Some evenings we questioned why we booked at the a la carte restaurants. Speak of which - the restaurant selections were very good. We really enjoyed the Market Grill for lunch and snacks during the day.
7. The pool areas and bars are great. Good service from the bar staff who quickly knew our favorites. The alcohol served are name brands and never watered down.
8.The beach area is really big and spacious with lots of chairs and palm umbrellas. Lots of space for the kids to run and swim. We were fortunate enough to be able to access the club members section.
9. The water sports centre was well equipped and the staff very helpful. I arranged a sailing lesson on the catamaran and the guys got me going in less than 20 minutes. Reservations for the cat's need to be made in advance.
10. The entertainment in the evenings (especially the circus) was very good
11. There is a good selection of excursions.
12. The gym is well equipped and spacious enough for a nice work-out

Con's: and again we had to dig deep to list these.

1. Be aware that there are "Melia vacation club" sales personnel on duty, and they could approach you for the no obligation tour. We went through it, - informative, considered it for a while and made a call not to buy. No harm done.
2. The DVD player in the room required an AV cable to connect and it took some time to get the maintenance team to remedy the matter. A few trips up and down sorted it out. We still had to swap cable between the TV feed and DVD as needed.
3. The kitchen in the 1BD room unit is not equipped with any plates, cutlery or appliances (not that you needed anything) so if you book this room with the intention to use the kitchen for more than just taking drinks out the stocked fridge - be prepared.
4. The water to fill the massive Jacuzzi tub takes long to fill and and at times were not super warm. A call to maintenance seemed to sort that out.
5. We ate at GABI beach restaurant one evening (using our dinner voucher provided after listening to the the "vacation club" pitch). It was good, but I would not go out my way to reserve a table there and pay for a meal there based on the selection at the main resort.
5. If you are an advanced snorkeler - the resort snorkeling trip to the reef at 3pm each day may not satisfy your needs. Its good for beginners.

One suggestion to the resort is to have an orientation person assigned for new guests - just to go over where every thing is and what the program for the week is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Will V,

Thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the place to spend your recent holidays.

The comments and suggestions of our guest are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and you may rest assured that I took a good note of all your observations.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope that these situations do not deter you from returning in the future. We will be attentive in order to provide a fully enjoyable stay.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,127)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Bloomfield
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just got back from my vacation on September 1st. my brother and I spent a week here because we had a family event next-door at the Melia tropical. I am respectful royal client it RCI and the book this resort for me. I was very astonished when I entered the lobby and it provided me with a gorgeous oceanview. The architect and the structure of the layout was phenomenal and I was very impressed. Because of the language barrier, at the beginning there were some difficult transactions and it took them almost 2 hours to check me in. My first location was far away from the main lobby area with that beautiful view and structure. My location was surrounded by construction and a ridiculous distance from the main core of the resort. My first room needed to be upgraded... And I am not talking about to a royal service, I am referring to the condition of this particular room in such a lavish resort. This is where my character played an important part because I was not going to stay in this beautiful resort, with furnishings that were worn! I immediately contacted the front desk and a representative named Juan did extraordinary job at providing me that same room in the core of the resort. Keep in mind that same room should've been offered to me from the start! My brother and I missed dinner and on Sunday the only restaurants available required reservations. Juan took care of that for us! What are the managers name Daniel offered me and my brother Royal Services in our new room without being in the Royal service area which he gave us that choice also. Those two services were like night and day. We had to pay an extra fee and it was not small at all! What prompt royal service was the simple fact that a Butler from royal service was so incredibly nice to us just passing. His name is Tony and I was extremely impressed with the way that he talked to me and his greeting even though we were and weren't really service, was extraordinary! So we requested that he be our Butler with our upgraded to Royal Services. Tony provided everything to us that we requested. He could fluently speak English and his comprehension of the hotel services and the entire town recommendations were impeccable. I read many reviews about this hotel and all the ratings that were amazing, excellent, and had that wow factor work on point and 150% accurate. Tony made us feel like "FAMILY" he comprehended and was able to relate with us totally, and we really appreciated him! This is a top-of-the-line and high-quality resort from foundation to exquisite foods so the service should always match! I can understand guess not having visitors overnight, but a true promotion can come from selective visitors with a day pass that should not cost $100. How can you possibly promote different forms of business. I had a relative who wanted to take a look into with the place, but I was told that I couldn't have any outside guest without paying $100. That was one thing we absolutely did not agree with or like at all. You have guards that check the bands constantly and they are everywhere... What's the big deal? Moreover, my overall experiences were out of this world and after proactively being involved in settling the dust and moving some mountains, my vacation was beyond "absolutely amazing" the beauty of it is I will be returning and I will be telling everyone what an extraordinary place the Paradisus Palma Real is and to request royal service with Tony because he will make thousands of people tell others by the thousands and they will return just because of his service. I just won't recommend that you upgrade those buildings outside of the main core of the resort, and always give your first time guest royal treatment even without Royal Service. If I was in the person of high standards, I would have left that resort with a bad experience and complaints! This review was straight from the heart and it had to be published. Life is about being happy, loving each other, and providing joy!

Room Tip: Currently, only choose rooms that are located in the main lobby area! Room numbers in the 31000'...
2 Thank Derrick F
Dear Derrick F,

The comments and suggestion of our guest’s are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and I greatly appreciate the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us.

I am glad to hear that your vacation have been better than you expected and it is clear to me that we have achieved our goal. Notwithstanding, your comments on improvement areas will be part of our daily work.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just wanted to say our resort stay was awesome... The resort is absolutely beautiful! Everything about the Paradisus Palma Real was excellent. From the our suite, to the restaurants, to the beautiful beach surrounding it, we loved it all!

I can say we had the best bar tenders at Gabi beach Bar. Thank you Victor and Nelson for making my drink without me asking. They must be friends of Jack (Daniels)!!! They made my stay great. One of the best restaurants at Paradisus is at Gabi beach. Make sure you ask for a table with Santo, he is the best waiter at the hotel. Thank you to Georges for being so attentive and accomodating us on the beach.

At the main pool, I have to stay a special thanks to Ramon. He took care of my kids while we were at the beach... Always filling up their virgin pina coladas and giving them potato chips!!!

Alejandro and Mr. Madrid at the front desk were both awesome!!! Thank you again and VIP was the way to go!!!!

We will Definitely be back!

Dear Jorge P,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you and your family have had a great time.

Thank you for highlighting the attentiveness of Victor, Nelson, Santo, Georges and Ramon.

We will be expecting your next visit for another “happy family vacation”.

Best Regards,

Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Facilities;Pool; Beach; Spa; Gym; Restaurants; Golf all 1st rate.
But what seperates this facility from others is the staff who made our family feel as if we were part of thier family right from the start. Execptional in this regard were Pedro & Francisco Cabrera who were always there to insure every day was perfect.

Dear David R,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your ‘near perfect stay’ with future travelers to our destination. I am glad to hear that your expectations were exceeded.

One of our best satisfactions is to learn that the most notable asset we have is the kindness and attention of our staff.

I appreciate all your positive comments and you may rest assured that I will to pass it on to all our staff especially to Pedro and Francisco Cabrera. They will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

We hope to be your home in Punta Cana for next visit.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My sister chose this place for her destination wedding and I can't deny the fact that this place is absolutely amazing. The resort itself is breathtaking and very clean. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service was outstanding. And even though this resort is to die for, there are a few things that must be addressed. Every room has a safe box. USE IT!!! I had a few cousins tell me they read the reviews prior to the trip and the one thing everybody suggested was to use the safe. I personally put my wallet, passport, phone, iPad, and anything of value in the safe. Housekeeping only took a pair of cheap forever 21 earrings I planned on wearing for my sisters wedding, but since they were only worth $10 I didn't care. My brother said he left out his phone and iPad and that wasn't taken from him, so I guess he got lucky. My sister on the other hand left her wallet out for a few hours and housekeeping happened to be cleaning her room during that time and $300 were taken from her. Other than that, the staff was very friendly and fun. The whole family had such an amazing time and we plan on definitely going back.

Dear Erika,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Your observations are greatly appreciated and please allow me to extend our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced while on site. In Meliá Hotel’s International we believe that it is only by listening to the comments and suggestions of our customers, that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for.

I will be attentive to your next visit in order to personally ensure a pleasant and enjoyable stay as possible.

Waco, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here in the beginning of August. The place was amazing. The room was fantastic. The bed was comfortable. At a lot of all inclusive resorts the food is just so-so. Not here. We tried every restaurant before we went to the same place twice. It was hard to decide which place we wanted to go back to because every restaurant was delicious. Room service was great. They were always prompt with your order and if there was ever a delay on your food they would call your room to give you an update. The beach was kept nice and clean. The pool was great and the swim up bar was excellent. The service here was spectacular. A few people in particular were very helpful and always remembered what we were drinking. At the swim up bar Ramon and Louis were excellent. They were always quick with a drink recommendation. They always remembered what you were drinking and occasionally would leave the bar to bring us a drink at our chairs without us having to go order. Fabio at the club house was also very helpful. When you eat at Bana be sure to go a little early and stop by the Toji bar. Deyanira the bartender makes the best rum punch and manhattans in the whole resort. All in all an excellent resort. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you a lot for tanking some of your valuable time to share with us your pleasant comments about your recent stay. We are happy to learn you had beautiful and unforgettable memories of your honeymoon.

I hope you will visit us for your wedding anniversary next year. Please, let us know your next travel dates.

Mars
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We could not have dreamed of a better vacation. The beach, food, service and weather were incredible. We enjoyed meeting Gabriel Dalusma who helped us with every single need while at the beach. Restaurants and entertainment were very good. This is the second time we stay at a Melia in Punta Cana and look forward to a third time!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jocelyne A
Dear Jocelyne A,

Thank you for the time you took to share your experience with future travelers.

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that we have fulfilled all your expectations in our effort to bring you a memorable stay. I sincerely appreciate your respects towards Jeuri and Carlos.

We look forward to have the pleasure to hosting you again in the near future at this your home in paradise.