“Great Honeymoon!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just visited the Paradisus Palma Real from June 27th-July 4th for our Honeymoon. Overall, I would have to say this was a great experience, but could use a couple tweaks to make it truly incredible. We booked a Jr. Suite but after reading all of the reviews on the Royal Service we decided to use the resort credits that we were given when we booked 7 or more nights to upgrade our room to Royal Service, it was well worth the upgrade. We were greeted by Carlos upon our arrival who is the concierge and he gave us a tour. He was extremely helpful and was very easy to work with. After our tour we grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Market Grill while we waited for our room to be ready and Anthony waited on us. He was a very great indicator of the type of service you receive at this resort. Very friendly and offered us a fist bump each day we saw him for the rest of the trip!
The room was very nice, however, it did have a pretty strong mildew scent. (I'm guessing it's fairly common with the humid weather down there, but a couple of the other people we met during our stay said they had no such issues. Wifi on the resort was very spotty, but with the Royal Service upgrade you got access to the lounge which had free computer use and always had a signal for wifi.
Jose Martinez was our butler for the week in Royal Service and he took care of all of our needs. I booked a few rounds of golf during the week and we also had a couple spa treatments. It is very helpful having the butler to make all of your dinner reservations for you. You will need reservations at all restaurants other than NAOS which is the buffet. NAOS was honestly one of the only low points when it came to the food on the resort. Seemed like a lot of the same menu over and over and the service there was definitely not as good as it was at all of the other restaurants. My wife is pregnant so was very cautious about drinking any non-bottled water on the resort. Any time we requested bottled water here it seemed to take 5-10 minutes for them to bring the water back. Not sure if there is none readily available to them or not, but it was frustrating waiting that long for drinks.
The Palazzo and Gabi Beach come complimentary with the Royal Service upgrade and were two huge bonuses. We had dinner at the Palazzo twice (the filet is amazing if you like your steaks) and Gabi Beach was a great spot for lunch as well as dinner. I would highly recommend Palazzo and also the Bana Tepanyakki (hibachi grill). Both were at the top of our lists. We also heard good things about the Aqua restaurant which is next door at the Paradisus Reserve. Unfortunately we were never able to get a reservation made over there so I couldn't say from first hand on how good it is.
Martin and Wilkin took great care of us at the Royal Service pool each day, having a cabana and drinks for us whenever it was needed.
All in all this was a great trip and for the price I'd say you can definitely get your money's worth at this resort. We spent 7 nights there and never left the resort, but it never really got old with the large selection of restaurants available. I would highly recommend this place and although there were some negatives, they didn't overshadow the great things about this place.

Room Tip: Wait to upgrade to Royal Service when you arrive if you receive resort credits! We stayed in 2007 an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Erick W,

Thank you for choosing us in such a special and unique occasion! We are proud to hear that this is going to be a memory that will last forever.

Your impressions on this trip are greatly appreciated and your remarks have been studied as to avoid situations that lead us away from our goal-the total satisfaction of our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure in hosting your first anniversary at this your home in Punta Cana.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,013)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

A wonderful hotel with beautiful views , gardens, restaurants, rooms and excellent beach and sand. Great services in all restaurants , special thanks to our butler Tony Montero, he helped in everything that we needed . I would like to mentioned the great services at Palazzo Restaurant from Samuel, Jose (waiters) and the excellent chef Carlos.
A very thanks to Francisco a pool and beach concierge .
Excelente y personalizado servicio que incluye a todos sus empleados. Amabilidad, cordialidad y complasencia que siempre se hizo notar.
El Royal Service una experiencia de exclusividad y excelencia que vale la pena repetir.
En fin un Hotel Altamente recommendable.!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Enid B,

First of all receive our gratefulness for choosing us as the place to spend your recent vacation.

I am delighted with your compliments on the excellent service provided by your butler Tony Montero, the waiters Samuel and Jose, Chef Carlos and Francisco. I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal-your total satisfaction.

Thank you for having shared your experience as well as for recommending our resort. We will be more than happy to welcome you again in the nearest future at this your “home away from home, Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is our second visit at this resort. Unfortunately, my husband and I experience several inconveniences.. I strongly feel that "Royal Service" needs to show to customers that are valuable by acting on it. Hotel fails to provide with the quality of service they supposed to deliver. They need to meet and exceed customers' expectations and the level of customer satisfaction after all we pay extra money for quality services . "Royal Service" need to develop better customer service and find better approach to dealing with complains instead of keep saying "I'm sorry" and act on it while you still there!! in order for the guest to enjoy and have an amazing vacation. After all, the main reason my husband and I go on vacation is to relax and be stress free and the last thing we want is to spend our time in the office complaining to a manager. My husband and I are extremely disappointed since this is the resort we went for our honeymoon and we are reconsidering whether we should choose this resort again.
Regardless of the several incidents we experienced in the course of our stay the following employees are to be commend for their outstanding job and service they provided us during our stay; Pedro Cedeno, Billy Levons, Francisco, Carlos Deldeno, Wilkin , Pedro from the casino, Osse, Alexander,Natalia , Verenice , Andrea , Rosy, Ivani. Not only they were friendly, courteous and attentive but they were always willing to go the extra mile for us.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, from our experience is not worth spending the extra money for "Royal Service&quo...
1 Thank Conny O
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Conny O,

Thank you for having taken the time to air your concerns after having stayed with us.
Exceeding expectations of our guests and offer a truly exceptional experiences is our goal. Therefore I deeply regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations with some of our services. Please rest assured that your observations related with our Royal Service was taken with the utmost consideration. Please let this not be motive to have the pleasure in welcoming you back.

On a positive note, thanks for highlighting out the excellent service provided by Pedro Cedeno, Billy Levons, Francisco, Carlos Deldeno, Wilkin , Pedro, Osse, Alexander, Natalia , Verenice, Andrea, Rosy, Ivani and I will gladly going to transmit your compliments.

My apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered while on site and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

New Vernon,NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I decided we needed a vacation and wanted to have a quiet, peaceful holiday. I choose the Paradisus Palma Real because I had stayed at a sister hotel and was pleased with the service from that hotel.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel it was heavenly. The transfer from the airport to the hotel was a short 25 minute ride. Upon arrival, we were shone our name on the welcome board and we were whisked off to concierge to be checked in. All the staff was well mindful of us being there and assisted us at all times offering champagne, cold beverages and snacks.
We were introduced to our butler, Raymon who escorted us to the Royal Service section of the hotel. Raymon gave us a tour of the amazing, well manicured property as he showed us our private pool that was specifically available to Royal Service guests only.
Within minutes after climbing three flights of stairs (which we enjoyed the daily exercise of the stairs) we entered our spacious beautifully decorated room. We had indicated to Raymon that we felt the air conditioning was not cooling our room and he said he would have someone come look at it immediately. Raymon explained how to use the complimentary cell phone to call him 24 hours a day if we needed him. At this point he took charge and made dinner reservations for our first evening on the property.
We spent the afternoon at the beach. Other than seaweed along the shore line, the beach front property was great! Relaxing under a palapa was a great way to take an afternoon nap after a long day of traveling. Upon heading back to our room we were delighted to see that the temperature of our room was to our satisfaction.
Being it was our first evening, we had not yet discovered the hotel grounds and Raymon sent an escort to take us to dinner. Dinner was outstanding and we were quite impressed with the service that we received from our waiter Michael.
The next morning we experienced breakfast which was outstanding. After taking a morning stroll around the large pool which was divine and some of the grounds we had viewed were meticulously manicured! We confirmed that the property was a well managed establishment with impressive service to offer their guests.
During the afternoon hours, Raymon had communicated with us and wanted to make certain that our room was cool and inquired as to where we would like to have dinner on our second night. We had indicated that we were going to be low keyed and eat where ever the wind took us. We ended up with Michael again and the moment we sat down, Michael brought us our drinks (the same we had ordered the night before). We were quite impressed with Michael’s memory and service.
As we began our third day, Raymond made excursion reservations for us. He also surprised us with a romantic bubble bath filled with rose petals. Something to look forward to prior to getting into a bed that was so comfortable that my husband and I could have slept in all day if this was possible. Perhaps it had something to do with the different fragrant pillows we received nightly.
To sum up our stay, it was absolutely amazing! Loved our time at the Paradisus from start to finish and even before we arrived. The staff was always on hand to assist and no job was too big or too small for them to handle. We were pampered prior to arriving as I had communicated with Maria Richardson, she promised that our stay would be unforgettable and “yes” she was correct!

If you are looking for a resort to relax and get pampered, then this outstanding staff is the place for you! The entire staff was extraordinary, we were treated like a king and queen. The whole staff is professional and friendly. The entire hotel property is set up beautifully right down to the elegant flamingos that you can view from the lobby. We would like to commend the entire staff and say a big thank you to all! With very special thanks to Maria Richardson, Michael, Rosa, Manuel (at the beach juice bar), lastly our fabulous, awesome butler Raymon! We were very impressed and will not hesitate to recommend to anyone looking to be pampered and treated like royalty to visit Paradisus Palma Royal. Keep up the excellent service! We will most definitely visit again!

Room Tip: We prefered the third floor for the better view. There are no elevators, so remember, you will have...
1 Thank Thetravelers01
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the destination for your recent holidays.

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that we have surpassed your expectations. However, it makes me even happier to hear about the kindness and professionalism of Ramon, Maria Richardson, Michael, Rosa and Manuel.

We thank again for recommending our services to future travelers and we hope to have you back soon.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were fortunate to spend a week at the Paradisus Palma Real in late June. It was a wonderful experience, with great surroundings and very attentive service. ~ It's truly a place where time slows down. I can still recall the serenity of lounging in our little beach hut. Very special thanks to Pedro Cedano for his superior service and friendliness! He is a treasure! ~ The Royal Service allowed a great experience at Palazzo, where we started every day feasting and practicing the local language with Smerlyn Olea, Richard Ortiz, and Alexander Guzman who took such great care of us! Muchas Gracias, Chicos! ~ For us, Royal Service was the way to go... our butler, Juan de Leon was always looking out for us and making sure we had a truly royal experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is an honor to hear that we have met your expectations and that our Royal Service was what you were looking for.

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction on this trip and I am also delighted to know that my staff went above and beyond to make sure you were completely satisfied.

We cannot wait to your next visit.

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am a club member and 5th trip to Punta Cana; 3 times to Palma Real. The Good: The people are all very attentive and friendly. Specially: Luis Rubio and Laura Castillo at Passion restaurant, Devi Cuerto and Andy Florial at the beach. The hotel is beautiful and beach is great.
The bad: internet doesn't work so is hard to do any work as some of us have to at times, the washing machine wasn't working and not replaced in 2 weeks we stayed and asked to go do laundry at another room.... The all inclusive drink selection has gone down-hill. Gato Negro for house wine??? When i joined we had Spanish wines and more beer selection. The Beach towels are now old and stained. We ordered room service one day and after an hour and a half of waiting we called and we told the pizza had gone to another room and would be another 40 minutes. The food is bland and salt shakers don't work well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

First of all receive our gratefulness for the trust you have granted us in selecting our property for a third time.

On behalf of Luis Rubio, Laura Castillo, Devi Cuerto and Andy Florial, I would like to extend our gratitude for highlighting the excellent service provided by their attentiveness and friendliness during your stay. Therefore your compliments will be transmitted to them.

I am very concerned to learn that your stay was somewhat marred by the incidents you mention. Please allow me to extend my apologies for the inconvenience you may have endured and I assure you that I will be attentive as to avoid situations to lead us away from our goal. Nevertheless is worthy to mention that selected beverages compose our bar supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel.

I hope that these isolated occurrences do not deter you from coming back to Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, your second home.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've been to Punta Cana many times before, and this time we chose Paradisus Palma Real. It was a relaxing one week holiday for our family. The food was really good, lots of variety to choose from. Special thanks to Jose Manalo at Naos who has been super nice and attentive to all our needs.
The resort should consider having BBQ grill in Naos and Market Grill restaurant so that some seafood and meat can be grilled stead of pan fried. The Passion restaurant was awesome! Well worth the $50 per person.
The resort is well maintained and our room was extremely clean. No bugs or musty smell in our room like some other resorts we stayed before. Housekeepers did a super job everyday. The bed was so comfortable that we slept like a baby.
I always get lots of mosquito bites but this time I only had a few because they put those inscents in the planters to keep the bugs out.
The beach was swimmable, however lots of seaweeds.
Overall we had a fantastic vacation and would return again to Paradisus Palma Real!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that your experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort surpassed your expectations.

Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided by Jose Manuel at Naos. Our staff is always attentive in order to fulfill all your needs.

Many thanks for having shared your impressions and please rest assured that I took a good note of your remarks.

We will be anxiously expecting your next visit.