We just visited the Paradisus Palma Real from June 27th-July 4th for our Honeymoon. Overall, I would have to say this was a great experience, but could use a couple tweaks to make it truly incredible. We booked a Jr. Suite but after reading all of the reviews on the Royal Service we decided to use the resort credits that we were given when we booked 7 or more nights to upgrade our room to Royal Service, it was well worth the upgrade. We were greeted by Carlos upon our arrival who is the concierge and he gave us a tour. He was extremely helpful and was very easy to work with. After our tour we grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Market Grill while we waited for our room to be ready and Anthony waited on us. He was a very great indicator of the type of service you receive at this resort. Very friendly and offered us a fist bump each day we saw him for the rest of the trip!
The room was very nice, however, it did have a pretty strong mildew scent. (I'm guessing it's fairly common with the humid weather down there, but a couple of the other people we met during our stay said they had no such issues. Wifi on the resort was very spotty, but with the Royal Service upgrade you got access to the lounge which had free computer use and always had a signal for wifi.
Jose Martinez was our butler for the week in Royal Service and he took care of all of our needs. I booked a few rounds of golf during the week and we also had a couple spa treatments. It is very helpful having the butler to make all of your dinner reservations for you. You will need reservations at all restaurants other than NAOS which is the buffet. NAOS was honestly one of the only low points when it came to the food on the resort. Seemed like a lot of the same menu over and over and the service there was definitely not as good as it was at all of the other restaurants. My wife is pregnant so was very cautious about drinking any non-bottled water on the resort. Any time we requested bottled water here it seemed to take 5-10 minutes for them to bring the water back. Not sure if there is none readily available to them or not, but it was frustrating waiting that long for drinks.
The Palazzo and Gabi Beach come complimentary with the Royal Service upgrade and were two huge bonuses. We had dinner at the Palazzo twice (the filet is amazing if you like your steaks) and Gabi Beach was a great spot for lunch as well as dinner. I would highly recommend Palazzo and also the Bana Tepanyakki (hibachi grill). Both were at the top of our lists. We also heard good things about the Aqua restaurant which is next door at the Paradisus Reserve. Unfortunately we were never able to get a reservation made over there so I couldn't say from first hand on how good it is.
Martin and Wilkin took great care of us at the Royal Service pool each day, having a cabana and drinks for us whenever it was needed.
All in all this was a great trip and for the price I'd say you can definitely get your money's worth at this resort. We spent 7 nights there and never left the resort, but it never really got old with the large selection of restaurants available. I would highly recommend this place and although there were some negatives, they didn't overshadow the great things about this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana