“EXCELLENT STAY”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My daughter and I went here for Mothers Day and it was just fantastic. Everyone was so friendly. The room was immaculate, the grounds were meticulous and everything was fabulous! Josephina at the front desk and Fred from Room Service were exceptional. This was one of the best vacations we had and we go somewhere different every year. We will definitely return to this resort!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosemarie M
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Rosemarie M,

It is an honor to hear that we have met your expectations and that our staff, service and facilities were what you were looking for.

We will be expecting your next visit; we assure you that you will repeat a memorable and unforgettable experience.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Write a ReviewReviews (11,597)

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa. It was our first time there and won't be our last. The staff was so attentive, kind, genuine and very helpful. Luis our poolside bartender, greeted us every morning, every afternoon and every evening by our first names. Edgar, our concierge, booked every dinner reservation starting from the night we arrived to the last night at the hotel. He explained to us the different restaurants and gave us a card that had the name of the restaurant, the date and time of our reservation. This was so nice because we didn't have to figure out where to go for dinner - we could enjoy the pool and beach and know dinner was already set for each night. I liked how the employees would come by while you were sitting at the pool and tell you what activities were going on that day. I also liked how the employees would interact with us - such as in a game of volleyball, dance with us when learning how to salsa by the pool - it really was a nice touch to see everyone interacting. "Trouble Maker" & "Superman" is two nick names of the gentleman that work at Naos. Amazing waiters..."Superman" knew I loved my mimosa's in the morning with breakfast and instead of bringing me a champagne glass, he brought me a big mimosa in a wine glass just as a surprise as the week went on and he got to know my boyfriend and I. I thought that was so sweet he remembered us and even remembered what drink I enjoyed! The entertainment was great. My boyfriend and I didn't even have to leave the hotel because every night there was some type of show in their theater. Getting back to our room at night was always a nice treat to see our bed turned down with chocolates on our sheets. Even the gardeners around the hotel were nice! One gardener gave us coconuts to drink out of. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that is thinking about getting away and wants to enjoy paradise. I cried the morning I had to leave because I had enjoyed my stay that much and didn't want to head back home. We came home and told our family next time, they need to come with us. I arrived back home today and I am already wanting to book another trip back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the destination for your recent vacation. We are happy to hear that this is going to be a memory that will last forever thanks to the kindness and attentiveness of our staff members.

We will be very happy to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We came here as part of a business/pleasure trip; although we hadn't picked the resort, we had high hopes, which were sadly dashed upon arrival. First, the room wasn't ready (which happens); then the keys to the room didn't work; then it took them over 2 hours to figure out where they put our luggage (delivered to the wrong room!!!!). The room itself was nice, although the vast majority of rooms have tiny balconies on an interior courtyard... in other words, noisy and without breezes. Our room was often not cleaned until after 5P, when we wanted to be showering/resting before dinner. One day we had no towels (our friends experienced this repeatedly). The last day it rained; we woke in the middle of the night to water dripping in our faces -- the bed was soaked; the desk staff gave an indifferent "oh, yeah, we'll look into it" without writing the room number down. Maintenance overall was poor; handles were missing from two of our dressers; nails were sticking out of the central bridge; towels weren't always available at the beach; power was lost for 10-15 minutes every day -- one night the entire outdoor area by our room was blacked out (no emergency lights at the exits) and we had to feel our way in the dark. On the other hand, it may have been THE most comfortable bed we have ever slept in.

Dinners were difficult. Reservations had to be made before 3P the day before; since they were done BY HAND, they were not easily modified or cancelled. Several of the available restaurants weren't even listed in hotel information (ex: Mole), so almost everyone requested tables in the 3 restaurants that did not require a surcharge... which of course meant limited availability unless you wanted to eat at 6P or at 9:45P. Yet throughout the evening, up to half the tables would be empty. Although the food in several of the restaurants was excellent (Mole, Aqua & Bana), others were mediocre (Venta). In the buffet (which was good), all drinks -- including water -- had to be served; getting that service could be challenging.

It seems that those who paid more for "Royal" service fared better, but although a 5-star resort should definitely have special amenities and pampering for upgrade, they should still provide 5-star service to "regular" guests. This is one resort that does not seem to grasp that concept.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank aliast

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your perception regarding your recent stay at our Paradisus Palma Real Resort. In our effort to improve the level of our services, we put the utmost interest in our guest´s opinion.

Is saddens me to learn that we were not been able to fulfilled your expectations; please allow me to extend our apologies for any inconvenience you may have endured while on site.

I assure you that the managers of the various departments have been informed about the particular observations. Moreover, as far as the indications about our services, it is important to mention that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality of our services has always been very elevated according to the opinions reflected in the various reputation online channels.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

WOW! We went there for the first time for our 15th year anniversary. The view as soon as you enter the Hotel is breathtaking! The room was amazing as well as the services they provided. Vento Restaurant was terrific, so much so that in four days we ate there twice. Chef Carlos Gil prepared exquisite dishes and even prepared a special dish for us that was phenomenal. Thank you Carlos San Juan for suite and making our anniversary a very memorable stay. We will go back and visit with the whole family next time!!:))

Dear Rick R,

I am proud to hear about the excellent service provided by our Chef Carlos Gil as well as by Carlos San Juan. Your remarks will be gladly forwarded to them on your behalf!

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again along with your family at this your home in paradise.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went for a company trip and were very happy with the whole experience.
The hotel was beautiful, the food was great and the royal service rooms and their
service was fantastic. I would definitely go back, and request Johnfi Rivera as part of
the royal butler service. He could not do enough for us, and he made our stay
that much better. He was a fantastic butler!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Valerie,

It is truly a pleasure for me to receive your impressions on your stay at our Royal Service.

Exceeding expectations of our guests and offer truly memorable experiences is our commitment and I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal. I greatly appreciate your recognition to the effort and dedication demonstrated by your Butler, Johnfi Rivera.

Thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back at your home in paradise.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Paradisus Palma Reale is an upscale resort for those with a more sophisticated taste. I have been to other resorts in Punta Cana and this resort is one of the best from my experience. The staff here are excellent, genuine, extremely nice and helpful. I have stayed at both the Reserve (Nov 2012) and at the Main hotel (May 2013) and the staff are excellent at both locations. My best friend and I just came back from a 7 day vacation and did not upgrade my room and we had a great room with a great view.

I would recommend you look for the following people to make your vacation memorable you will not go wrong:

Concierge Desk: Estrella Garcia and Edgar Gonzalez - Informative and exceptionally helpful. If you have a question about anything please see them. Either one will help you with your needs and will ensure that you walk away satisfied.

Activities Director: Socrates Mercedes aka Cinco Peso - Full of energy, people person, and lots of fun. Even if you just want to lounge around by the pool you will have a great time with Socrates because of his great sense of humor as his passes by. The best night we had was at the Fire Dance, Socrates had everyone dancing and just having a great time. It was really nice seeing everyone from different ages and backgrounds having fun.

YHI Spa: Julio (Water Room), Wendy and Juana (Massage Therapists) - Awesome!!

Bana Restaurant: Jhonathan Acosta - Provides that personal touch and brings your food when it is hot.

Nao Buffet Restaurant: Francisco, Francisco, Francisco - Ask to sit in his station only. You will not be disappointed. He goes the extra 9 yards for his guests.

Babi Bar: Juan Tiren and Luis Martinez - Makes the best drinks and Sangria from scratch

Personal Concierge at the Reserve: Dalliance Laguevre - Extremely Attentive and made us feel like true VIPs

This resort is great for couples, friends vacation, and families. The Paradisus Palma Reale is an exceptional beautiful resort and you must ask to see the Pink and White Flamingos in the pond. Located near the YHI exercise room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MzVannaB

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as well as for letting us know about your satisfaction on this trip. I am very glad to hear about the excellent service offered by so many of our staff members and I will gladly pass on your comments to each one of them.

Thank you for your recommendations to future travelers and we are expecting you soon at your new second home!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We came here for a wedding in May and the resort was nice. We stayed in a garden-view room, but I was surprised how dated the rooms were for a "5 Star" resort. The lobby though is very luxurious as is the other common areas (area near the fountains, restaurants, etc). The service for the most part was very good except when we tried calling about our air-conditioner being broke. I had to call 3 times and they still never came! Also, the mini-bar is pretty weak. They stock it everyday, but there are only 2 bees, some waters and some soda. I think they should upgrade the mini bar for a hotel that is suppose to be 5 Stars. This is the first time I've been to an all inclusive and there are plenty of choices. The food quality is ok, but nothing great. We ate at Gabi Beach Restaurant one night and my wife got sick from eating the lobster. Since this is an island, it is probably safer to eat chicken/beef instead of going with seafood. The beach at the hotel was nice and clean. The pool was pretty nice too and the swim-up bar is a nice touch. There were a lot of kids there so this place would probably be good for families too. Overall, nice place, but I wouldn't give it 5 Stars.

Room Tip: If you get a garden-view room, get the ones in the main building (where the lobby is) as they seem t...