“Best group of people and the service was excellent. Looking forward to going back again next year”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were there for a destination wedding for my daughter and it was the best thing we had done for a long long time. The service was great The people were great The Hotel is great. Looking forward to see the people who made our stay excellent. Ramon and Luis at the pool bar are the best. Friendly and fun loving ...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the place to celebrate such special occasion.

I am proud to hear that our staff went above and beyond in their effort to bring you a memorable experience.

We greatly appreciate the time you took for share your impressions and we looking forward next year to have the pleasure in welcoming you back.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,069)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Yes, the grounds and rooms are nice but most Caribbean resorts are. If you’ve been to one you’ve been to them all, so what it comes down to is good food and good service and this place is way below par in both of those categories.

I’m not sure what the deal is with this place but the service and friendliness of the workers was horrible during our stay. We were part of a large group and most people we ran into said the same thing so we know it wasn’t just us. To get any information, restaurant reservations, etc is difficult. No one is willing to help with anything or make your stay easy.

The food is absolutely disgusting. Everything is served cold and the quality is inedible. We ate at both buffets, the Mediterranean, the Asian, Mole, and Aqua. At Aqua we had a table of 10 people, and half of our food came out under cooked, raw grouper. We sent it back and asked them to cook it more and when it came back out it was still under cooked. At other restaurants, my husband had bones/cartilage/unknown hard pieces in a couple of his meat dishes. I can go on and on about the food but will stop, you get the point.

Ohhh and bring some super glue for your resort bracelet, if it falls off be prepared to pay $250 or be told that security will be called to take you off property. Yep, $250 for a piece of string. Also, when you let the front desk know it fell of be prepared for attitude, eye rolling and a finger point at you saying it’s your fault. Your fault that the resort didn’t tie it tight enough, yes that is correct. If you need to speak to a manger about this matter there is none there on Saturday night so hope that this scenario doesn’t happen on a Saturday. True story.

Another thing to point out is that the resorts wi-fi only works in certain parts of the lobby, well on the days that it works at least. There is no wi-fi in the rooms.

Also, on two of the days there were no beach towels. I spend an hour wandering around the resort looking for a couple clean towels to use. Of course no employee of the resort was willing to help me with this.

I do not recommend this place to anyone. Again, we were part of a large group and everyone we talked to had the same experience we did.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank maggs84
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for having taken the time to write your concerns after having stayed with us.

Exceeding the expectation of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this, it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. I will be attentive to the behaviour of our staff so as to avoid situations that lead us from the goa.

I am very concerned to learn that your stay with us was not up to what you expected. Nevertheless my staff always tries to fulfil all our guests needs. If a problem is reported, we do our best to solve it on location in the best manner for all parts. If some of my staff did not meet your expectations on solving problem, I truly apology and correcting actions already have been taken.

In general we have a high percentage of satisfaction from our guests on food quality. Still do we understand that the taste differed from each and every person.

Your comments on improvement areas have been shared with my managing team and it will be part of our daily work.

Granby,Qc
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have to admit, we were a bit nervous because we did not know the location and we were client of a competitor chain for years. Our stay was wonderful from A to Z. From the quality of service, special thanks to our buttler Luis Martinez, the cleanness of the hotel and room, the outstanding private restaurant The Palazzo and it's warm hospitality (Stephania AuGuste) and service (Richard Ortiz), our Beach Manager (Pedro Cedano), the quality of food in all restaurants, the sense of true desire to make your stay most enjoyable, except for the bad reception of WI-FI in the room, our stay at the Paradisus was one of the best ever. The Royal Service was worth every penny. On top of all that, 100% sunshine and Heat! I will recommend it to anybody and we are dreaming to be back next year.

Room Tip: Royal Service is outstanding and will give you the best locations for rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that we have met your expectations and thank you for your recognition.

We look forward to host you once again in the near future.

Paradisus Resort Punta Cana
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am a very subjective person and I pick things apart noramlly.

My wife and I were recently married on April 27th and spent our honeymoon at the resort from April 30th to May 7th. We payed for Royal Service and would highly reccomend it. The staff including our butler Carmen made our stay fantastic and memorable. We had every thing we needed and her attention to detail was wonderful. She had our dinner reservations taken care of, all room special requests done and responded to any complaints. Which were few and far between.

The resort is clean, beautiful and well kept. All the staff are freindly and professional. The food was outstanding and the drinks are always available. The beach was clean and the ocean was beautiful.

A good indication of how the resort values it's clients is how they respond to problems. On our last night we decided to eat at Gabi Beach, where we had eaten earlier in our stay and had a great dinner. Unfortunatley they misplaced our reservation and were able to fit us in at a later time the same night. From the moment we sat down we recieved extremely poor service like we had been put in a corner to be forgotten about. I complained calmly to the front staff and immediatley the Food Mangager Paola came over and listened to my complaint. She appologized and offered a free meal that night at Passion which is a 5 star restaurant that has unbelievable food. My wife and I took her offer with appreciatian as we didn't want our last night to be ruined by this.

All of the staff at each restaurant were very helpful and the entire resort staff should be commended for how they treated us.

We will never forget our Honeymoon because of this.

We can't wait to go back.

Sean and Tanya Ploss(Gordon) romm 3077.

Room Tip: Take the Royal service if you can afford it. Ask for top floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean and Tanya,

Foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your honeymoon destination.

Glad to hear that you were pampered by Carmen with her attentions during your stay. Also I'm glad to know that Paola went the extra mile by giving prompt solution to the situation in Gabi Beach.

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience and you may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

New York
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just got back from the Paradisus Palma Royal and can't stop talking about it. My daughter booked her wedding there next year. The service was very good by all the staff.
You have to go to the pool bar and meet RAMON FUEGO. He was the best bartender there. his personality is tremendous and he makes the best tropical drinks.............get his WAAAAAA drink.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pamela Z,

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction on this trip and I am also delighted to know that my staff, in especial Ramon “Fuego” went above and beyond to make sure you were completely happy.

Exceeding expectations of our guest and offer truly memorable experiences is our commitment and I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal.

Thank you for the trust you granted us and I look forward next year to hosting your daughter’s wedding.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We just came back after spending our 10 year anniversary at Paradisus Palma Real. It was amazing. Definitely do the Royal Service. Well worth it. We were completely catered to. The butler service is amazing. Our butler (Johnfi Rivera) was such a nice guy and did anything we asked and made our stay so comfortable and relaxing! We are definitely going back many times and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mario L,

First of all I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our hotel as the place in Punta Cana to spend such special occasion, your anniversary, as well as for having shared your experience with future travelers.

I am delighted to hear that Royal Service exceeded your expectations and you could enjoy to the fullest our facilities and services.

Thank you, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon!

Melbourne
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After arriving at around 11:00am to find my Royal room wasn't ready on time, I waited at the pool bar to be notified. Six cocktails later and no news so I went hunting. The butler took to me to my room which was very pleasant and good views over the pool and ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room quiet, and the bathroom large and clean. The all inclusive food and drink plan is sensational but perhaps not that profitable for the hotel when hosting a lone traveling Aussie with a large thirst and appetite:-)

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book the Royal wing - you get a butler however mine kept going AWOL
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is an honor to having hosted you as well as to hear that we have met your expectations and that our staff, service and facilities were what you were looking for.

On the other hand, we are aware that after a long trip is very important to enjoy of the room immediately; notwithstanding, it is worthy to mention that our check-in time is at 3:00pm. Please allow me to express my apologies for any inconvenience you may have faced.

Thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to have the pleasure in welcoming you back at this "your home away from home".